Senior Project Lead – Facade
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £40000 – £50000/annum + Bonus etc
We are recruiting for an experienced Design Manager / Senior Project Leader on behalf of a Facade company that works as a full building envelope contractor covering Cladding, Glazing, Roofing, Stadia, and Total Envelope. They are a specialist in roofing, cladding, glazing and maintenance, they work across a wide range of sectors (Commercial, Controlled Environment, Energy & Waste, Healthcare, Education, Hotel & Leisure, Industrial, Rail, Residential, Retail etc.,) and on a mix of complex and large-scale new build projects through to upgrading existing buildings offering full support to their clients from those first design stages through to construction and then continuing for the buildings’ life cycle.
The Design Manager / Senior Project Leader will manage and work alongside a team of project specific designers (directly employed and sub-contracted) ensuring drawings are produced to meet project specifications, are in line with current regulations and standards, are completed within a timely manner and are checked against scope and costs in the agreed contract.
As the Design Manager / Senior Project Leader you will be responsible for:
* Providing design and material solutions for a wide range of building envelope projects.
* Managing the design team, your own project work, the design development process and the interface with specialist sub-contracted designers ensuring designs are delivered on time.
* Ensuring designs are developed within the constraints of the contract, the requirements of the output specification and the commercial objectives.
* Coordinating the whole design process and working closely with the Client, Employers Representatives, Design Team and Legislative Bodies.
* Ensuring designs develop in accordance with the requirements of the design, procurement construction programmes and company procedures.
* Managing the document control process, supported by a Document Controller.
* Ensuring design risk assessments are produced.
* Preparing progress reports on the design process.
* Maintaining a professional approach with Clients and their teams, sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Attending pre-design and site set up meetings.
* Being actively involved in self-development by attending Facade related courses.
* Producing thermal calculations, FEA, wind load analysis to both EU and UK standards.
* Maintain records on contractual correspondence, delays etc., regarding events or causes which may have an effect on programme dates and production output.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to:
* Have worked within the Facade sector for a minimum of five years, ideally within a Tier One Facade Contractor / Main Contractor with a good understanding and experience of the various Facade systems (Kawner, Schuco, Wicona etc.,)
* Be a lateral thinker, with the ability to be use a wide variety of technical skills to implement a forward way of working, have an expert level understanding of the different facade systems, CWCT knowledge and calculations.
* Possess a good working knowledge of CAD.
* The ability to working within a team, having the team motivating abilities to ensure a consistent accurate output and an enthusiastic and productive team atmosphere.
* Have the ability to prioritise tasks against the contractual programme.
On offer for this is the opportunity to join a company whose vision is to become the first-choice provider of full envelope solutions by investing in their teams and continuing to improve their skills in their field of expertise with a commitment to safety, quality and sustainability for the benefit of their clients. A salary of upto £50,000, a bonus scheme, health scheme, pension with career progression opportunities
- Address B71, Bird End, Sandwell