Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £28000 – £32000/annum
Working for this international food packaging business, they are seeking a Packaging Technologist. The role will operate cross-functionally to full encompass in design and development of new and existing products. The role will hold full responsibility for the output and quality of the developments emerging from the department, and development pipeline ensuring that products are followed through from initial development right through to artwork approval and product sign off. Duties will include:-
* Deliver market leading packaging concepts, meeting customers’ requirements including digital and physical product mock-ups.
* Pro-actively develop concepts for emerging markets, considering new materials and processes.
* Managing the day-to-day workflow of the department, ensuring deadlines are met at a high standard.
* Provide expertise to lead problem solving, product testing / trialling and resolve packaging issues/quality concerns.
* Deliver Packaging projects from concept to go live including sampling, artwork management and product approval.
* Mentoring and developing team members through a training and development programmes
* Work with the NPD / Sales Team / Customer to ensure full understanding of brief and support as required to meet the product criteria.
* Designing and ordering tooling with key considerations of manufacturing efficiencies and print
* Ensuring product development process is fully documented through in-house systems.
* Full review of developed artworks to verify compliance with business requirements.
* Full responsibility for product sign-off and approval.
* Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of innovation developments with packaging suppliers and machine manufacturers.
* Implementing new specifications and ensuring the team are adhering to the specifications, liaising with the Product Manager.
* Monitoring packaging efficiency impact on operational processes, from machine speeds to packing & pallet specification and ensure products are cost effective.
* Build and maintain relationships with the product and manufacturing teams to ensure a seamless process.
* Keeping up to date with appropriate technology & software (including training) and ensuring equipment is serviced and well maintained.
* Main Point of contact – liaising and creating working relationships internally and within group and with immediate suppliers and couriers.
* Attending and presenting at site meetings with development opportunities and material innovations
To apply you will have: –
* Knowledge of Kasemake CAD software (or similar)
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
* Ideally worked in Corrugated / Cartonboard Structural Design
* A proven track record in developing packaging solutions
* A solid understanding of board / box manufacturing methods and tooling design
* Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work accurately under pressure.
* Ability to manage tight deadlines, high workloads and delegate accordingly.
* Good communication skills, with an ability to communicate in person and via network systems with all levels within the business.
* Computer Literate on PC systems
What’s on offer: –
* 25 days holiday
* Private pension and Childcare Vouchers
- Address Burnley, Lancashire