General Catering Assistant
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £8.91/hour
General Catering Assistant – Vertas Group Limited
£8.91 per hour
0 hours contract 52 weeks a year
As and when required
Do you have Catering experience, or would you like to be trained to be an exceptional Caterer? We can help.
Would you like to work for a Company who are fanatical about engaging our colleagues, improving their wellbeing and developing their careers?
Are you wanting a flexible working life that fits around your schedule?
If the answer is yes to the previous questions, your new opportunity is awaiting you;
We're looking for a dedicated General Catering Assistant at Grizedale Cafe who wants to make a difference and thrives in a challenging environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to extend your Catering experience, or to kickstart your career with extensive training in order for you to achieve your career goals.
Vertas is one of the fastest growing multi-services facilities management companies in the UK. Our passion is driven by putting our colleagues and customers at the heart of everything we do.
Values and Behaviours:
The General Catering Assistant will have:
* Great customer service and communication skills.
* Passion for sustainability.
* A Team player providing an excellent service across the Vertas Group.
* The ability to make the best decisions with Vertas in mind.
* Listening and responding to colleagues, customers and suppliers to achieve the best outcome.
* The ability to adapt and respond to change in a growing organisation.
Main responsibilities include:
* To assist as directed with all aspects of food preparation, washing up, clearing tables, mopping floors, serving customers, working the tills, and general duties around the restaurant.
* To assist the chef with preparation, sandwich making, deli bar set up and any food preparation as required.
* To provide an efficient, caring and friendly service to customers in all areas of the catering department.
* To ensure that food is presented and served in a clean hygienic environment.
* To assist at service times by serving the customer as directed, to the company’s standard to receive any training as necessary.
* To complete all necessary sales controls and documentation for each service.
* To provide high personal standards of performance, hygiene and appearance.
* To ensure a high level of communication with all customers and staff.
* To report any customer or client complaints and take action if possible.
* To carry out any reasonable request by management.
* £8.91 per hour.
* Company pension scheme.
* Lifeworks Staff discount scheme.
* Job related training plus personal development opportunities.
* Mental Health First Aiders support.
* Employee Assistant Programme available 24/7.
* Virtual GP Facility.
* Smart Health Mental Health Support.
* Online health check and fitness programme
- Address LA22, Ambleside, Cumbria