Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £9.30/hour
JPIMedia / The SmartList are advertising on behalf of an external company.
SALARY: £9.30 per hour
WORKING HOURS: 15-16 hours per week over lunchtimes
The Daughters of Wisdom Great Britain & Ireland are a religious order who is part of a world-wide family of women who endeavour to live the shared vision of Saint Louis Marie de Montfort and Blessed Marie Louise Trichet. The Province of Great Britain & Ireland traces its history back to 1891. It comprises communities around Great Britain and Ireland and is administered from Wisdom House, Romsey, Hampshire, England.
Purpose of Job
Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with the Assisted Living Coordinator, the Cook is responsible for ensuring that all cooking on the site is delivered to a high standard and in a cost effective manner. The job is located within the Assisted Living Community of Sisters in Balmoral Road, St Annes and also includes working at the other nearby site in Lancaster Avenue.
All cooking is to be from fresh and to take account of any special dietary requirements and
· Cook hot lunch for the 3 Sisters and their guests (as required)
· In discussion with the Sisters, leave something pre-prepared for evening meals.
· Prepare meals for special dietary requirements as required
· Prepare meals for occasional special events
· Ensure fridges and cupboards are stocked to enable the Sisters to make their own breakfasts, drinks, light refreshments and snacks
· Develop healthy and varied menus
· Order ingredients and undertake shopping as required
· Ensure food hygiene standards are maintained
· Ensure proper record keeping is kept up-to-date
· Keep the kitchen clean and tidy – Fill / empty the dishwasher and wash up as required
· Working with the Sisters and General Manager to stock the kitchen with the necessary
What do you need?
·Experience working as a Cook or a passion for cooking
·Develop a good relationship with the Sisters and colleagues
· Immediately notify any maintenance and / or health and safety issues identified
· Attend any courses as required and keep up to date with food safety requirements
· Lots of common sense and a good sense of humour
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
LOCATION: Lytham St Annes
JOB TITLE: Cook
- Address Lytham St Anne's