Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £45000 – £55000/annum Company Car, Private Health Care
JN Technical are recruiting an experienced Quantity Surveyor on behalf of a leading UK engineering company who are based in the East Midlands. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established and growing company. The successful Quantity Surveyor will be working on large scale accounts primarily across the infrastructure and fabrication sector.
The Quantity Surveyor primary objectives are as follows:
* Take commercial ownership of the project from estimating following contract award.
* Produce internal commercial budget and commercial strategy for incorporation into the Project Execution Plan for successful project delivery.
* Liaise and provide commercial support to the internal buying department in the procurement of materials and any sub-contracted elements.
* Prepare, submit and agree monthly applications for payments as well as monitoring and ensuring prompt payment.
* Lead and manage the change control process and ensure all variations to the contract are identified and priced to ensure full recovery
* Negotiate and agree value of all variations with the client organisation.
* Manage and maximise positive project cashflow including producing the weekly report
* Monitor, analyse and manage all internal and external project costs.
* Provide commercial and contractual advice and support to the Project Team.
* Ensure all contractual notices and procedures within the contract are adhered to and fulfilled.
* Prepare, submit and where appropriate agree the final application for payment to the client.
* Prepare the monthly internal and external commercial reports and CVRs
* Manage, mentor and professionally develop junior commercial staff.
* Ensure project compliance with all internal commercial and contractual governance.
The ideal candidate will have held a similar position for a minimum of 3 years. engineering experience is ideal. A Quantity Surveying and/or Commercial Management degree is preferred but not essential
- Address Nottinghamshire