Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £30000 – £60000/annum DOE
FMK Consulting are looking for a talented fresh produce trader to join one of the leading international Fresh Produce companies in the UK – They are extremely well known and respected in the Industry and due to continued growth and success, they are looking for Traders to join their Fresh Produce Trading team! This role is working for a leading Fresh Produce company that work closely with suppliers worldwide to source premium quality fresh produce.
They distribute to the whole of the UK and into the EU fresh produce sector, wholesalers, distributors, packers, processors and some retail customers …
Overall this is a impressive opportunity to grow your career; You would be joining a company that is committed to providing opportunities for innovation and growth. If you have the drive for success you will have plenty of chances to progress your career, increase your salary and take advantage of ongoing training opportunities.
They are interested in talking to Traders with experience in Salad categories, those with up to 2 years + current experience to those with a full portfolio of customers and a wealth of knowledge from the Fresh Produce Industry… selling into UK customers (Non retail preferred). Apart from your talent as a trader they are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and hard working individual to join their thriving team.
If you are an ambitious and dedicated trader, this is a fantastic role in which you can take on a new challenge with a successful international company.
The Fresh Produce Trader will be responsible for the following:
Sales and Planning
* Planning and procuring the required product for their customer base
* Understanding the cost structure and ensure cost management is within company thresholds
* Logistics planning of product
* Stock management of fresh product
* Managing current relationships with supply base
* Developing new relationships
* Manage current relationships with customer base
* Develop new relationships with customers that complement the business model
To be considered for this role you must have the following knowledge and experience….
* Fresh Produce Sales experience. Experience in the Fresh Produce Industry must be current
* Minimum 2+ years’ experience in fresh produce trading (sales/purchasing). Our client is interested in seeing applications from all experience levels, but we would require the minimum level to be 2-3 years in a current Trading role.
* Sales experience selling into Fresh Produce Non Retail customers in the UK
* Current experience working with Salads
* You would have had experience in a customer focused role
* You should have a team player mentality
* Have excellent negotiation and organisational abilities.
* Language skills would be an advantage but not essential.
* Self-driven and positive, as a Trader, you must have brilliant interpersonal, numerical and communication skills, both over the phone for day to day trading and face-to-face for meeting suppliers/ customers alike.
* Previous experience in a trader/ sales or similar role is essential as is the ability to bring trading experience and skills with you.
* This role requires a high degree of personal motivation and resilience and we would want this to be demonstrated in your experience.
For the more ' senior ' trading positions, we would expect you to have this added experience / knowledge
* Own portfolio of F&V customers
* Outstanding track record in Fresh Produce Trading
* Your current experience would be from within the Fresh Produce Industry and you would understand the Industry inside out.
* Excellent knowledge of the fruit industry and the customers
* You would be looking for your next Senior role within the Industry and your experience would reflect this
* Excellent people / team management skills
* You are currently working with the UK Retail or Non retail customers in the Fresh Produce Industry
* At least 5-6 years in a Procurement, Sales, Commercial , Category Management, Business Unit Management or similar role within Fresh Produce / Salad Categories
Please contact Frank or Georgina on +44 (0) (phone number removed) or +44 (0) (phone number removed) to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company
- Address London