Practice Lead – Network and Security
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating a real career opportunity for a Practice Lead to manage and develop our Network & Security Pre Sales practice. The role could be based out of any of our key offices – Birmingham, London, Bracknell, Bristol or Warrington
Overall Job Purpose:
A player / manager with demonstrable skills and experience in the network and network security domain. The role holder will line manage a team of network solution architects, work alongside sales colleagues to drive PS opportunities and work with customers to understand business requirements mapping these into an appropriate technology solution.
Main Duties of Job:
• Line management of the PS network and security presales team
• Ensuring team utilisation is maximised on a weekly basis
• Mentoring team members and identifying opportunities for individual development
• Developing and maturing network and network security propositions
• Contributing to the presales team strategy
• Participating in presales team management meetings
• Acting as a single point of contact for network and security team engagements
• Driving the development of presales good practice and sharing these with the wider PS team
• Provide regular updates to maintain accurate opportunity pipeline reporting information
• Work closely with the SCC new business teams to identify professional services network and security opportunities and qualify customer requirements early in the sales cycle
• Work closely with the SCC account and service management teams to identify professional services network and security opportunities within existing accounts
• Engage directly with customers, often on speculative/pre-RFP requirements, to understand their business challenges and translate these into technology requirements
• Advise customers on network and network security technology choices and options
• Developing customer proposals, statements of work, and supporting cost models
• Providing support to sales and bid team colleagues for the completion of bid responses including, RFI, RFP, and PQQ stages
• Provide network and network security technology thought leadership to customers and colleagues
• Work closely with colleagues in the delivery teams to ensure network and security presales opportunities transition from presales into delivery providing clarity of the proposed solution and customer engagement
• Participate in peer review of presales documentation
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• At least 10 years’ experience of working in a professional services technology consulting role with at least five years in presales
• Relevant professional qualifications such as CCNP, CCDP or CCIE
• Experience of presenting technical solutions to both technology focused and non-technology focused personnel up to and including board level
• Knowledge of a broad range of networking technologies and concepts including:
o LAN / WLAN / WAN
o Software defined networking
o Cloud networking
o Network and perimeter security
• Vendor specific knowledge including
o Cisco (Catalyst, Nexus, Meraki, ACI, DNA, ISE, PRIME)
o HPe Aruba (CX, ClearPass, Intelligent Edge)
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- Address Bracknell, Bracknell Forest