Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £38000 – £40000/annum
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Manufacturing/Process Engineer to join a rapidly expanding Automotive parts manufacturer based at their plant in Liverpool.
This role will provide support to the business in the design, launch and optimisation of new and existing core processes.
The individual will own and champion the industrialisation of equipment including the associated key control documentation (PFLOW, WI, CP, PFMEA) to ensure the fulfilment of customer needs.
Manufacturing Engineer core responsibilities:
* Project Management of small, medium, and large projects.
* Develop standard methods of producing products by utilising findings from research, knowledge of the product, expense information and company goals.
* Create specifications for new equipment, ensuring they meet the Performance, Quality and financial targets required.
* Implement the necessary level of industrialisation to ensure error-proofing, process sequence/intergity and capability.
* Lead VSM activities including MIFA and MIFD for Material flow.
* Perform Line balancing and optimisation with Yamazoumi and/or other recognised tools.
* Generate accurate and robust acceptance for existing and new equipment, ensuring all sign offs, documentation is completed and handed over to long term stakeholder.
* Implement and lead standardisation throughout the business.
* Responsible for control documentation including WI, Process flow, PFMEA etc.
* Studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors..
* Develop alternative methods of making manufacturing practices more efficient and cost effective; look at space constraints, material requirements and Energy performance.
* Calculate production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
* Ensure Lean Manufacturing principles are adopted and implemented through the Value stream.
* Support review of Work Instructions / Process flow / PFMEA including planning and actioning scheduled reviews.
* Support the Quality department in the creation and improvement of Process Control Plans.
* Provide Support and resolution to NCM and Engineering change processes.
* Ensure Single point is populated with the correct level documents.
* Support IATF and HS&E audits on behalf of Manufacturing Engineering.
* Process auditing and review of all manufacturing processes to document, measure, refine and improve process capability and improve process effectiveness.
* Initiate and Support ‘Management of Change’ requests.
* To understand and apply the importance of project timing, delivery, and execution.
Minimum 5 years of experience in Automotive or similar Engineering Manufacturing role.
Excellent time management skills with a target driven approach.
Ability to work under pressure, independently and within a team.
Ability to use problem solving tools and work with stakeholders on solution to problems.
Excellent skills in MS Office and communication to all levels of the business.
Hands-on approach with excellent attention to detail.
Experience of Lean manufacturing.
Excellent communication and people skills.
Experience with furnaces and high temperature applications
CNC Machining experience
Quality auditing qualifications
Certified lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Experience in SAP Business One / Beas
Edgecam / CNC Programming Knowledge
25 Days Annual Leave
Eligible for the company share option scheme
- Address Liverpool, Merseyside