Learning Support Assistant
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £19473/annum
Work in planned support of young people, across all educational areas, and on a 1:1 basis according to their individual learning needs so that any barriers to learning are overcome and, in particular, their literacy and numeracy skills are enhanced. Support specific reading scheme implementation.
* To provide lessons for individuals and small groups (no more than three) where learners are unable to access normal regime activities due to additional support needs or other issues e.g. security.
* Provide constructive support to teachers in the learning environment including classrooms, workshops, library etc., so those sessions are planned for, supported, managed and delivered efficiently and effectively.
* To work under the guidance of the SENDCO to support the learning requirements of young people
* Contribute to establishing and maintaining high standards of student behaviour so that an orderly learning environment is achieved.
* Ensure that bullying is confronted so that vulnerable young people are safeguarded in their learning.
* Contribute to records of attendance, behaviour, and learning in support of lecturing staff to a high standard so that individual and group performance can be assessed.
* Contribute to assessment, planning and review in order that learning and skills development is integrated within the sentence planning process. Act as personal tutor to designated young people.
* To maintain appropriate records such as the LSA log, inputting on to Neo system and the use of prison documentation
* To maintain and/or contribute towards young people’s PLSP
* To provide administrative support as required during non-contract hours
* Undertake other duties when required