Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Our client is an Award Winning Landscape and Arboricultural Company based in Milton Keynes, through continued growth they are looking to recruit an Estimator.
You will be working on landscaping, grounds maintenance and highways projects anywhere from 3K to 3 million. Working alongside 2 others.
The ideal candidate will have an Estimating background with experience in a similar role within the landscaping or construction industries. The role will include the appropriate analysis of tender documents, preparing an accurate bill of quantities and submitting conclusive tenders for a wide range of landscaping projects. You will possess good analytical and reporting skills, with a proven track record in securing works.
* Provide a responsive and professional service to customers, dealing promptly with issues arising and escalating immediately to the Quantity Surveyor, as appropriate.
* Transfer relevant information from tender format to Excel.
* Apply competitive rates to itemised bill and present to the client in tender form.
* Maintain regular contact and good working relationship with clients and suppliers.
* Monitor, measure and produce regular reports on conversion rates including comprehensive tracking of successful and failed bids, ensuring all learning is taken forward.
* Attend meetings with clients and suppliers as and when required.
* Regularly chase the progress of tenders and continuously develop further leads.
* Maintain awareness of Landscaping and Construction sectors – industry news, trends and developments as well as company competitors.
* Proven track record of estimating varied projects from within the Landscaping / Construction Industries.
* Strong commercial acumen and sound estimating analysis skills, with the ability to problem solve.
* Reliable, personable and dynamic with a drive to succeed.
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
* Excellent mathematical ability and attention to detail.
* Good communication and presentation skills.
* Fully conversant IT skills, particularly in Excel and Outlook.
* Full, clean Driving License essential.
* Knowledge of measuring software desirable but not essential
- Address MK17, Woburn Sands, Milton Keynes