Construction Project Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Our client is in need of a Construction Project Manager due to consistent growth and project wins. With projects throughout Ontario and also offering out of town work (rotational) Municipal and private works
Must come from a GC or local Specialist Contractor.
Must have experience start to finish projects, concrete and concrete slabs build bridges, Curbs, highways $2 – $60 MILLION.
Most important is MTO, (UNDERSTANDING MTO PROCESSES STRUCTURE, PERMIT GAIN ETC) STRUCTURES, BRIDGES AND HIGHWAYS.
As a member of the Infrastructure team you will provide leadership, insight and innovative construction solutions to ensure the successful execution of various infrastructure projects, such as: Bridges, MTO, Highways and interchanges & Structures.
The Construction Project Manager for them is the most important position in project delivery. As Construction Project Manager you report to the VP and you are in chard of all projects all at different levels and look after all the PM's. Pivotal position fro delivery on time & budget
Currently seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager to complement Infrastructure and Civils team They will play a lead role in the delivery of detailed design assignments primarily for public sector clients. Due to expanding business opportunities in Ontario and elsewhere within the company, this position offers significant potential for growth in the areas of technical / professional development and project management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Managing multi-disciplinary project team;
• Preparing and managing project budgets, work plans and schedules;
• May include directing some construction administration projects where included with our detailed design assignments;
• Communicating with clients, agencies, stakeholders, and the public;
• Overseeing complex evaluations of planning and design alternatives;
• Preparing correspondence, reports and proposals;
• Staff development and mentoring; and
• Identifying and securing consulting opportunities.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (P.Eng.)
• 15 years of experience in the engineering industry specifically related to planning and design of transportation infrastructure with a broad base of project experience.
• Skills and experience at a Senior Level commensurate with experience in the transportation design engineering field preferably with experience on MTO projects.
• Experience in the detailed design and construction of MTO, Bridges. Highways.
• Experience in the design of municipal roadway & Bridge projects and/or PPP will be an asset.
• Experience with AutoCAD and highway design software (e.g. InRoads) will be an asset.
• Demonstrated ability as a project manager of multi-disciplinary project teams.
• Experience with business development and proposal preparation.
• Excellent communication, writing and client relations skills are essential