Lead Level Designer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £50000 – £55000/annum Relocation Package available
Lead Level Designer, SouthWest, £50K- £60K, UE4, AAA Gaming, Sponsorship And Relocation Package Available)
Are you a Level Designer with a passion for process and a background supporting your peers? Are you a strong coach, an organised person with a great skill level in Level Design and Unreal Engine? I am currently looking for a Senior AI Programmer to join an award-winning AAA gaming studio either fully remote or relocation packages available to the Southwest.
Be the point person, key advocate, and voice for Level Design in the studio.
* Manage, support, mentor and develop, the Level Design team.
* Contribute to the studio's internal dialogues on various design issues and giving feedback and suggestions to other Level Designers on their work.
* Act as the key driver and agent of change to improve processes, prototype new tools, example levels and workflows for the Level Design department
* Work close with other level designers and contribute to their development / help with mentoring.
* Understand the high-level vision of the game and be able to translate the vision into level design standards that can be used by others to build all of the levels in the game.
* Identify and manage risks within the schedule with Production.
* Gather process and appropriately implement feedback from internal and external playtesting.
* Scripting / Programming in the game engines code language
* Create new tools using the game engines code language.
* Create Designs proposals and implement designs in the game engine, using tools provided by the engine.
* Create Content in the engine using given tools and 3D objects.
* Test and correct designs made using the game engine/software.
* Write documentation related to the designs, for support and training.
Skills and Knowledge
* Experience leading and supporting other Level Designers in a Senior or Lead role
* Outstanding passion for games and an interest in creating intriguing gameplay.
* Excellent communication skills and organisational abilities
* Possess a calm, methodical and logical approach to challenges and ambiguity.
* Analytical approach to problem solving.
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
* Enthusiasm for ongoing learning and self-development.
* 3+ year experience using Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent engines.
* An advanced understand of developer tools & software.
* 4+ Years working experience as a Level Designer.
* A minimum of one shipped PC/Console title in a Senior/Lead level design role
* Extensive experience using level editing tools.
* Extensive experience using node-based visual script logic.
* Experience supervising a level design team or part of a team.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please send forward your most up to date CV and I will call to discuss the role and business opportunity in more detail,
I look forward to hearing from you
- Address Falmouth, Cornwall