Trade Counter Assistant
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £20000 – £24000/annum
Due to company growth FTH Hire Group, a plant and tool hire company have a new exciting opportunity. The focus of this role is to help with the smooth running of the Trade counter and yard operation.,
The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience working in similar industry, must have good interpersonal skills and be happy to deal with a variety of queries daily.
You must be honest and trustworthy as you will be handling payments, the role is a varied and challenging hands on position so you must be enthusiastic, hardworking and committed. You must also be numerate and computer literate and able to communicate effectively in a professional manner with customers and colleagues. You will also need to be fit and active as there is physical work required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensuring high standards of Customer Service are met at the Trade Count and in the yard area in accordance with our Customer journey minimum standards
* Dealing with customer orders on the phone and at the trade counter
* Placing orders and dealing with the relevant paperwork
* Ensuring the yard and warehouse is stocked and tidy
* Helping load and unload vehicles for both colleagues and customer
* Keeping the shop stocked and tidy and helping customers to their vehicles with machinery.
* Assisting with monitoring stock levels
* Assisting with the placement and zoning of stock
* Serving customers in the yard, both manually and with a counterbalance forklift
* Receiving and storing products from suppliers and dealing with the associated paperwork
* Delivering small tools and equipment to customers and construction sites
* Health and Safety
* Counterbalance forklift license (essential)
* Knowledge of tool and plant is an advantage
* Friendly and professional manner
* High standards of Customer Service
* To fulfil any roles within the trade counter, yard or transport areas to cover for holidays and sickness.
The working hours for this position are: Monday to Thursday 7.00am to 5.00 and Friday 7.00am to 5.30pm
* 28 days holiday, including Bank Holidays
* Pension – Auto Enrolment
* Sales and Loyalty Bonus Scheme
* Perk Box
* Birthday gift
- Address Hampshire