Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £45000 – £60000/annum Exceptional Benefits
Research & Deveoplent Engineer – Cambridge – £45,000- £60,000
R&D Engineer is required to join a high technology design and engineering company in Central Cambridge. You must hold a PhD in Engineering or Physics and have experience in MATLAB and C Programming to join this world leading technology company in their field. This is a permanent opportunity paying up to £60,000.
As a R&D Engineer you must have experience/ qualifications in:
• Educated to PhD level in Physics or Masters with 2+ Years industrial experience
• Experience of communicating, showing initiative, making decisions and arguing your point as a member of a team of highly skilled engineers.
• Ability to prioritise activities, balancing long and short term objectives and finding efficient ways to solve problems.
• A working understanding of mechanics.
• Ideally proficient software skills, in C and/or MATLAB
• Ideally experience of developing test equipment
• Ideally experience of developing robust control systems, ideally for controlling actuators.
• Ideally experience of working with microprocessors
Main responsibilities as a R&D Engineer include;
• Work within the team of mechanical, control, electronics, firmware and software engineers to build control algorithms to meet the needs of the market.
• Develop and improve the test equipment and procedures to confirm the performance of the mechanics and control.
• Interface with partners and customers to understand their requirements and to deliver the assistance that they need to use our product.
• International Travel to Asia & America.
This is a role that you can help define and mould to your skills and ambitions. You will be joining a multi-disciplinary team, and they can accommodate individuals with different skill sets. You will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to a small company, with the associated risks and rewards
- Address Cambridge, Cambridgeshire