Job Type : Permanent, Contract, Full Time
Team Horizon has an exciting new opportunity for a Software/Commissioning Engineer to join our expanding team, to work on a large-scale Medical Device manufacturing site in Galway.
Why you should apply:
* Work with talented and motivated professionals on site a global medical device manufacturer that is dedicated to transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world.
* Working in the Software Team of Equipment Engineering, you will assist R&D and Operations on New Product Development Programs and Sustaining Programs by participating on the Design, Build, Commissioning and Qualification of New Equipment as well as Equipment Upgrades.
What you will be doing:
* Commission, test, troubleshoot and support existing and new manufacturing equipment.
* Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgrade equipment.
* Ensures Equipment requests are processed in a timely and effective fashion and manage execution of results.
* Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
* Manages projects and/or portions of projects as part of a larger team.
* Drafts and Review Design and Compliance Quality system documentation.
* Develops robust, flexible, reusable, efficient and scalable manufacturing applications.
* Database design, development, monitoring and script authoring.
* Write detailed functional design requirements.
* Contribute to all phases of software development including design, implementation, unit test, integration, release, and validation support.
* Provide software input on design changes for new and existing systems aligning machine functionality to customer requirements.
What you need to apply:
* The successful candidate will hold third level qualification in Computer Systems/Engineering.
* Ideally will have 2+ years’ experience in a similar role working in a high-volume manufacturing facility.
* PC Build and troubleshooting skills
* Basic understanding of machine I/O
* SQL Server script authoring using TSQL programming/Database Design.
* Visual Basic 6
* Vision Development or experience advantage.
* Motion Control advantage.
* Web application development advantage
* Software change management advantage
- Address Galway County