ServiceNow Project Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
The ServiceNow Project Manager will responsible and accountable for successful completion of projects for both internal and external customers across our growing ServiceNow practice.
The Project Manager will be a highly motivated and business aware individual, able to work effectively with their project teams, their management, with other stakeholders in SCC and with the end customer. This must include effective communication, desire to develop relationships and hence increase sales. The Project Manager is expected to understand project finances and will be responsible for their projects’ profitability.
The key objectives and responsibilities of this role are as follows:
• Defining, shaping, leading and delivering Projects within a client portfolio
• Management of projects such the cost, time, scope and quality are controlled, baselined and assurance is made that delivery follows the plan
• Stakeholder management including Project Board creation, liaison with other key SCC service providers and 3rd party organisations
• Risk Management and Issues Management including escalation
• Creation and maintenance of Management Products including PIDs, Plans, RAID & Communication models
• Undertake Project Definition Workshops, risk workshops and product workshops
• Accounting for project cost, time, scope, quality and budget
• Manage changes to cost, time, scope and quality in a controlled way, including working with SCC account management where such changes impact project budget.
• Ensuring business continuity by maintaining effective project documentation and daily logging
• Provide accurate and targeted reporting on project status
• Management of multi-disciplined project team with matrix reports.
• Booking and management of resources required for project delivery
• Maintain separation of Change and BAU and promote these concepts with stakeholders.
• Adhering to SCC Portfolio, Programme and Project Governance
• Support the pre-sales team where required.
• Ensure correct start up and management of the project, implementing the SCC model and agreed procedures
• Effective use of Management Products including PIDs, Plans, RAID & Communication models to shape delivery such the cost, time, scope and quality are planned to a baseline, and delivery follows the plan.
• Maintain business continuity by maintaining effective project documentation and daily logging
• Effective risk management (to anticipate issues) via identify, assess, plan, implement and monitor.
• Effective Issue management and escalation where necessary. Escalating promptly any issues that may in future have an impact on SCC or the future relationship with the customers.
• Effective booking and management of resources required for project delivery
• Changes which impact project budget are communicated with account management at the earliest opportunity
• Maintain customer and SCC internal weekly reporting methods such that project status and progress is accurate and understood at all levels.
• Continued Business Justification via End stage gate reviews, acceptance procedures and project board and customer approvals.
• Effective management of Stakeholders including other key SCC service providers and 3rd party organisations.
Knowledge and Experience
• Educated to a high standard
• Proven experience in the delivery of application development projects
• Delivery of ServiceNow or ITSM based projects.
• Commercially aware with supplier/partner relationship development skills
• Team management to ensure that the candidate always leads by example
• Creative problem solver
• Experience of running a number of simultaneous projects successfully
• Organised and structured approach to project documentation and project data.
• Effective communicator at all levels
• Experience of working in a consultancy business model or similar where time is billed to clients.
• Agile / Waterfall / Prince2 project management accreditation
• A good understanding of technology solutions
• Experience of ITIL, Acceptance into Service processes.
• MSP foundation certification
• Experience working with Microsoft Project
• Holds current driving licence and able and willing to travel
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- Address Birmingham, West Midlands (County)