Senior Mechanical Engineer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £50000 – £60000/annum Flexi-time, pension, share option
Senior Mechanical Engineer. Our client is a high-tech engineering company delivering world leading and patent-backed high-speed electric motors and drives for automotive super-charging applications, hydrogen fuel cell systems and other sectors. Due to expansion and moving from prototype to production the company is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and diligent Senior Mechanical Engineer to join its busy team in a varied and challenging role.
Senior Mechanical Engineer duties:
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Team Leader and working within the multi-disciplinary engineering team, you will: –
* Organise and lead mechanical engineers to fulfil numerous orders and projects.
* Work with Head of Engineering to continue to build and develop mechanical engineering team to fulfil company’s strategic road map.
* Provide technical guidance and oversight to other mechanical engineers
* Ensure products are developed to achieve compliance with automotive requirements.
* Provide technical liaison and support for customers.
* Participate in the creation of functional specifications, DVP, FMEA.
* Review and sign off reports, drawings, designs and calculations.
* Identify opportunities for improvements in functionality and manufacture.
Senior Mechanical Engineer requirements:
* Proven experience of developing electro-mechanical component components within the automotive sector.
* Experience of Motor design: Rotor dynamics, balancing, shaft stress analysis, material selection, carbon fibre/ magnet retention
* Experience of DFM/DFA
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday on days, flexitime
- Address Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire