Nursery Nurses/ Montessori teachers
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £18000 – £24000/annum Pension, Performance bonus
Job description: Nursery Teacher
Fountain Montessori pre-school is an accredited Montessori based in Edgware, HA8 7LG, Colindale, NW9 OBF and St Albans AL1 1HF
Job title: Nursery TeacherS/Montessori Teacher
Responsible to: Head of room and Nursery Manager
Responsible for: children, Own self and colleagues
Purpose of the job: To work as a key person and as part of the pre-school team under the direction of the room leader and manager. To provide safe, high quality education and care for young children which meets the individual needs of children attending the setting.
1. To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance.
2. To help to set up the playroom(s) for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
3. To act as a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
4. Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
5. To advise the room leader and nursery Manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
6. To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
7. To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
8. To support meal times within the setting.
9. To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings.
10. To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for your development.
11. To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job.
12. To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
13. To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
14. To promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
15. To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the room leader and nursery Manager, in accordance with the setting’s business plan/objectives.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager.
1. Willingness to learn.
2. Level 2 or 3 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent, and a commitment to obtaining a further qualification in Montessori or foundation degree level.
3. Previous experience of working with young children.
4. Sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to five years.
5. Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
6. Knowledge of child protection procedures.
7. Good communication skills and IT skills.
8. An understanding of play based approaches to children’s learning and development.
9. Commitment to equal opportunities.
10. Commitment to working effectively with young children and families.
11. Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
1. Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent, and a commitment to obtaining a level 4 qualification.
2. Willingness to undertake further training.
3. Current First Aid at Work qualification.
Terms and conditions
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary range: £18,000 – £24,000 approx. depending on experience and qualifications.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require a criminal records check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them