Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £24000 – £32000/annum Pension
We are currently seeking a Criminal Defence Solicitor who is duty trained to join our well established Crime department.
You will be working alongside our two senior criminal solicitors and will have support of a paralegal within a modern office environment.
As a Criminal Duty Solicitor you will undertake criminal defence work, to provide legal advice and assistance/ representation of clients at the police station, represent defendants before magistrates ‘court and preparation of their cases.
This role involves but is not limited to:
* Managing a full caseload and ongoing work
* Servicing Duty Solicitor Rotas
* Magistrate and Crown Court casework
* Police station and prison attendances
* Excellent advocacy skills
* Ability to interview clients and witnesses
* Providing written advice and drafting legal documents
* Flexibility to travel, attend courts and work out of hours as required, with additional payment for out of hours police station work
* Maintain accreditation and CPD
* Maintaining departmental standards, procedures and policies (Lexcel)
Higher rights of audience would be advantageous, but are not essential.
The salary is dependent upon the successful candidates ‘abilities and the contribution which there able to make to the firm. This will be discussed at interview stage.
By submitting your CV or applying for a position online to Multitask Recruitment Solutions Ltd you are consenting to us providing you with recruitment services as an agency defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and authorising Multitask Recruitment Solutions to seek work on your behalf.
You are agreeing to your CV being forwarded to clients via electronic mail.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every candidate personally and so if you have not heard back from us within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful Multitask Recruitment solutions are a committed Equal Opportunities Organisation
- Address Blackburn, Blackburn with Darwen