IT Infrastructure & Network Engineer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £45000 – £55000/annum Plus Benefits
Job Title: IT Infrastructure & Network Engineer
Location: Frimley, Weymouth, Bristol, Portsmouth, Barrow-in-Furness
About the Company:
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a IT Infrastructure & Network Engineer. This role can be based at any of their UK sites: Frimley/ Weymouth/ Bristol/ Portsmouth or Barrow in Furness.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries. With approximately 3,500 employees based at 5 UK locations and revenue of £600million our client delivers support to more than 50% of the Royal Navy’s surface fleet.
You will have the opportunity to work on one of a variety of our programmes and projects, helping us to design, develop, integrate, manage and support complex systems and combat sub-systems for in‑service and future submarines. This may include the development and support of our land-based integration, test and reference facilities.
– Understanding the functional and technical requirements for the submarine combat system, products and test facilities and environments and be able to design, configure test and support the supporting IT and computing infrastructure. Work with other engineer specialists to understand the impacts of security and safety controls on the IT system design, architecture, components, interfaces and data.
– Implementing and delivering desktop and server hardware, installation, configuration and maintenance. Have an awareness of software defined networking.
– Providing technical guidance and support to other engineering teams during the submarine design, build and system installation and integration activities. You will have or develop an understanding of the customer Operational Defect (OPDEF) and maintenance processes to be able to provide specialist advice as required.
– Using your knowledge of current and potential future potential technologies in the marketplace to understand and be able to provide advice on the implications for sub-system design in a submarine.
There are a number of different and interesting roles, depending on your specific area of expertise and levels of experience but you will be working with us to ensure that our technical IT solutions are clearly defined, integrated, configured, controlled, delivered and accepted. You will understand relevant maritime legislation, industry & defence standards, which will help us to ensure that our solutions are correctly configured, protected and safe to operate.
Skills and Qualifications:
– Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant IT or STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science).
– Knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering and IT practices to your work
– Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
– Experience of working in a customer-facing and/or supplier engagement role.
– Member of appropriate professional institution; Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
– Enhanced Pension scheme
– 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
– Shared Incentive Plan
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)
– Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period
- Address Nationwide