HGV Technician /Mechanic
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £33000 – £42000/annum £33,000pa – £42,000 OTE
HGV Technician / Mechanic needed in Hull.
Main Dealer opportunity, with market leading basic salaries and OTEs
Exceptional working environment and excellent management
About Our Client
My client is a Light Commercial (Van) and Heavy Goods Vehicle (Truck) main dealer based in Hull.
Reporting to the Workshop Controller on a day‐to‐day basis, the post holder will undertake regular maintenance and repair of our customer’s vehicles competently and efficiently in order to maintain good road safety and maximise customer service levels.
Particular areas of responsibility will be to: ‐
– Carry out routine maintenance and repairs on all makes of vehicle using appropriate equipment and tools in a safe and economical manner.
– Diagnose and rectify all types of faults.
– Where agreed, to attend disabled vehicles at the roadside or on customer’s premises.
– Ensure all customers and company vehicles are handled with care and all reasonable steps are taken to return the vehicle in a clean and tidy condition on completion of work undertaken.
– Liaise with parts department to attain parts as required, within authority level, and ensure service exchange and warranty parts procedures are adhered to.
– Ensure all aspects of Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to, including the mandatory wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) and machine guarding.
– Ensure that before any work is undertaken an appropriate clocking is made, all job cards and service sheets are completed correctly and signed off before the end of the shift.
– Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness in all areas of the business in order to maintain the company image and a safe working environment.
– Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of products and to attend training courses as required
HGV Technical / Mechanical qualifications and Certifications.
What's on offer:
Distinctive Shift pattern – mix of early (6.00 am – 6.00 pm) & late (10.00 am – 10.00 pm) weekends (6.00 am – 6.00 pm) – every other weekend off, maximum of 3 consecutive working days
In return they will receive- Great on-site facilities- 200 days leave a year (on average you work 14 days per month and have 17 days off) – Company health cash plan (after qualifying period)- Pension Scheme- On-going training and career development – Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) -cycle to work scheme
If you work a bank holiday, my client pays an additional £50.00 per day and time and a third if you do overtime.
All depends on HGV Mechanical experience and HGV Driving license, etc etc.
If you feel this is the job for you, please apply for a confidential chat?
- Address Hull