Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £45000 – £50000/annum
‘Engineering excellence through proficiency.’
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
Role Profile of the Estimator
We are currently recruiting for an Estimator to join our Commercial Team in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of all estimates and tender submissions. This will include providing a cost estimate for work projects as part of the bidding process on large projects along with the development of cost estimates by analysing specialist contractors, plant, materials and labour needed to complete projects.
The ideal candidate will have previous working estimating experience within the Power, Water & Gas (Multi-Utility) Industries. However, experience across Utility Related Civil Engineering and Construction projects is also acceptable.
Key responsibilities and duties:
* Liaison with the client and their professional representatives.
* Management and issue of appropriate enquiries for specialist subcontract/ material supplies.
* Preparation of analytical estimates for work utilising an appropriate software estimating package.
* Measurement for the production of Bills of Quantities for plan and specification/ design build disciplines.
* Provision of costs for contract preliminary items.
* Preparation of detailed information for hand-over to construction phase teams for successful tenders.
* Experience within Multi-Utility Industry including underground services installations
* You must be a strong communicator, (written and verbal), together with high level negotiation and analytical skills.
* Ability to work accurately under pressure, multi-tasking, together with the capacity to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines.
* Have excellent time management of work flow in order to meet tender deadlines.
* The capacity to delegate, when necessary, to achieve productivity and efficiency outcomes is essential.
* Have the ability to resource tenders in conjunction with the Planning Team
* Have the ability to work with the Planning and Operations Teams to prepare all tender deliverables and compile for submission.
* Have a working knowledge of Commercial Contracts and knowledge of Supply Chain Management
* Customer Service
* Team Work
* Organisation and Planning
Qualifications and Training
* A professional qualification in Civil Engineering or similar / related engineering subject
* Worked and have experience as an Estimator or Assistant Estimator level position
* Must have Commercial Awareness
- Address London