Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £33000 – £60000/annum See Benefits
The Electrical Engineer, will be joining a major leader in the overhead crane industry, established for 36 years, this Midlands firm, have become experts within their field, from installation, to design, maintenance and repairs, to all aspects of industry, including achieving their status as an approved contractor to the MOD, for the specialist provision of servicing, repair and supply of Cranes and Lifting Equipment.
The Electrical Engineer will be serving manufacturing and process industries, As the Electrical Engineer, you will have a wealth of knowledge and experience from working with overhead cranes and lifting equipment,. The Electrical Engineer will also have a mechanical bias, of gears, motors etc. The Engineer will be supporting and delivering productivity-enhancing lifting solutions, maintenance and repair services. In return, the successful Electrical Engineer will receive the following:
Personal development of all employees and can proudly confirm that these positions include a host of benefits
* A basic salary that reflects your experience, talent and value
* A Company van with satellite navigation (With private and spouse usage allowed)
* Corporate clothing
* The best holiday scheme in the industry, 33 days annual leave (paid at 10 hours per day, worth an extra £1000 a year)
* Laptop and mobile telephone are provided.
* Earning potential of around £60,000 plus
* You are paid from the moment you leave your home in the morning
* Premium paid overtime after the basic 40 hours, there is ample opportunity for overtime
* On call premiums
* Contributory pension
* Specialized training on high-quality products
* Provision of all equipment and PPE
* Excellent company working practices
* Training & development opportunities, to progress your skills in other areas of the business
The successful Electrical Engineer will be responsible for performing installations, preventative maintenance and repairs, upgrades on electric overhead travelling cranes, you will have the ability to carry out fault finding procedures, recognise the defective items, report necessary repairs effectively and restore the equipment to a safe working condition, including offering modifications on their existing materials handling equipment, retro-fit new parts, upgrading all electrical equipment and control systems.
Skills / Experience:
* You must be apprentice-trained or equivalent and fully conversant with electrical engineering disciplines
* Mechanical & Electrical Engineering experience
* LEEA Qualification
* Electrical: 415v AC 3 phase motor contactor control circuits both squirrel cage and wound rotor.
* A good understanding of 110 / 48-volt relay and contactor circuits.
* Some frequency speed control device experience.
* Mechanical: Medium to large drive couplings, brakes and reduction gearboxes.
* Experience with overhead cranes and hoists
* Flexible attitude to call outs and working hours
* Good grasp of the English language (verbal and written)
* Strong interpersonal skills as there is extensive customer contact
* Proven commitment to safety
* You must be physically fit and able to work at heights
* Hold a current driving licence
* Possess a UK work permit
To apply for this role or to be considered for future roles, please call our recruitment team and forward or upload your CV and someone will be in touch shortly
- Address Willenhall, Walsall