Contracts Manager – Groundworks
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £50000 – £65000/annum + Car or Allowance + Package
My client is a Regional Civil Engineering and Groundworks Contractor.
They are looking for someone to look after contracts within a 50 mile radius of Basingstoke, Hampshire.
An opportunity has arisen within their construction team for a Contracts Manager to be responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of all construction activities on Civil Engineering, Ground works and Infrastructure projects within the area.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will have a customer focussed mentality to ensure that the company is meeting clients' expectations.
* Effective contract management and commercial ownership of a portfolio of Groundworks and Civil Engineering projects
* Work closely with the commercial departments throughout the valuation and cost to complete process
* Management, coaching and development of site staff
* Effective workforce planning to ensure optimum numbers of personnel are on site
* Develop, produce and adhere to health and safety documentation and method statements
* Continuous input throughout full tender and project life-cycle to ensure all projects are within cost, profitable and quality measures are met
* Proven experience of contract management or multi project management of groundwork's and Infrastructure projects Extensive groundworks experience to include earthworks, foundations, road construction, drainage etc
* Ideally 5 + years’ experience with a Civil Engineering or Groundworks Company
* Experience of running multiple projects consecutively
* An excellent man-manager
* Good IT Skills
* Knowledge of groundwork's and infrastructure techniques
* Strong health and safety knowledge
* Proven negotiating and relationship building skills
* Ability to monitor customer satisfaction and ensure customer intelligence is up-to-date
* Proven contract management or multi-site project management experience is essential
* Full UK driving license
* Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject area such as Civil Engineering or Construction Management
* NRSWA (Ideally)
* First Aid Trained
* CSCS Contract Manager or equivalent
- Address Hampshire