CNC Miller / Turner (Programmer / Operator / Setter)
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
CNC Programmer / Operator / Setter.
PURPOSE OF JOB: to program, set up and operate all types of CNC mills/lathes to the optimum safe method.
– Programming, setting and operating CNC Machines
– Reading and interpreting from engineering drawings to enable programming, setting and manufacture to achieve a right first time product.
– Creating layout sheets to document tooling, tools, set ups and machine parameters to achieve repeatable results by self or others.
– Ability to work by self to achieve exceptional high standards and deadlines.
– Able to qualify and document own work using a variety of measuring equipment.
– Ability and willingness to support and train others.
– To work safely using the appropriate PPE and maintain a safe and organised work place.
– To continuously improve and provide time / cost saving ideas to supervisor wherever possible.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE required
– Time served apprenticeship would be preferred but not entirely necessary,
– Preferably a minimum of 5 years programming and operating 3, 4 & 5 Axis CNC machines,
– Must be proficient in advanced Fanuc (ISO)
– Previous experience on Doosan, Matsuura, Mazak
– Trained in overhead crane training & manual handling beneficial but not essential as training can be provided,
– Good communication skills are essential,
– Reliable with a postive can-do attitude
– Focus on quality (right first time) and productivity essential
– Able to flex and support an ever changing business
-Strong work ethic essential
INDUSTRIES we partner with;
SALARY Competitive salary & benefits on offer
JOB TYPE Full time role (39 hours per week)
LOCATION Based at Oxford Engineering, Abingdon
- Address Abingdon, Oxfordshire