Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £60000 – £70000/annum plus attractive benefits
Are you an experienced Bid Manager open to an exciting and rewarding new opportunity, working as part of a friendly, dynamic and supportive team? If so, read on! Diamond Search Recruitment are delighted to be representing our client, a leading employer who encourage passion, ambition and collaboration, both in performance as a team and individually. This is an organisation where new ideas are encouraged. Our client actively promote involvement in the development and direction of their products and services, as well as finding more efficient ways to work. They also love a good work social and team building events!
Our client are a business at the forefront of innovation and thought leadership in their industry. They deliver award-winning solutions to their clients. This is a chance to join the business as they make major steps forward in leveraging the latest cloud and large-scale technologies to start bringing together the entire market to a unified platform.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Bid Manager is within the bid function, supporting the effective management of all bidding and presentational activity in order to deliver winning, customer focused tender responses to support business development. The role will involve:
* Responsibility for end-to-end management of single & multi service Central Government & other sectors bidding activities.
* Delivering high quality; well written; differentiated and compelling tenders, signed off, and submitted within the laid down Bid Plan, often in very tight timescales.
* Responsibility for managing bids and tender submissions.
* Supporting the Head of Sales and new business sales team, scrutinise new tender opportunities in central government market to qualify their fit with the bid strategy and criteria.
* Delivering to the bid plan, as laid down by the Head of Sales.
* Being accountable for managing complete bid lifecycle and ensuring accuracy of bid.
* Working with the team to prepare compelling, high impact, winning bids and take ownership of the end-to-end bid process.
* Contributing to the continuous development of bid methodology, collateral and documentation to ensure innovation and high quality.
* Ensuring a coherent and efficient tender process is adhered to.
* Seeking to constantly improve the quality of bids, ensuring that best practice approaches to developing and producing bids are pursued.
* Bid writing – translating technical responses into USP's and pulling together pricing/quotes.
* Proactively looking for ways to improve the quality and win rates for bids.
* Supporting of the bid from initial engagement through to contract handover to Service Delivery.
* Ensuring a record of all bids produced is maintained in a searchable bid database with quality content.
The Ideal Candidate:
Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal), the ability to translate technical solutions into compelling customer visions, constantly striving for improvements with good networking skills. Proactive, flexible, a keen eye for detail, commercial acumen with outstanding organisational skills. You will also have/be:
* Degree educated or equivalent with demonstrable experience.
* Strong experience in IT Managed Services and Geospatial Solutions, securing multi-million pound contracts.
* Cloud-based solutions including AWS and Azure
* Government procurement policies including relevant frameworks (e.g. Digital Marketplace) and routes to market (Contracts Finder, Find a Tender)
* Detailed understanding of bid processes and strategies with a proven track record in authoring and managing complex bid responses and creating compelling customer propositions.
* Partner/subcontractor management
* Provision and management of management information (e.g. pipelines, win rates, bid/no-bid statistics) and relevant toolsets
* Demonstrable understanding of the components which comprise the design, build and operation of managed services including:
* Project, Service and Contract Management
* Agile Discovery and Development
* Data Management
* Cloud IT Platforms
* Service management
* SLAs, KPIs and Service Credit regimes
What are you waiting for? Contact us for a confidential discussion, or apply today!
Diamond Search Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency regarding this vacancy
- Address Exeter, Devon