Product Designer (Solidworks)
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £30000 – £40000/annum
Product Designer (Solidworks)
Our market-leading client create innovative, exceptionally large-scale statement lighting and interior design pieces that are the focal point of unique architecture worldwide. They produce innovative and memorable bespoke features alongside core customisable products. Projects typically range between 100K and £1M in value.
Long established and exceptionally successful, our client are truly passionate. At every step, they ask how a piece adds value to the whole. They use only the best materials they can find, and maintain long term relationships with unique artisans.
Above all, they do and love nothing more than turning a subtle, complex brief into a compelling and sensational reality.
We are now looking for a Product Designer to join the design team in the management, design and development of both core products and one-off installations. This role includes producing concept drawings, liaising with clients and manufacturers and seeing the project through to delivery/installation.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a highly creative working environment, in a role that offers an individual the chance to develop their own skills. We welcome candidates who combine creative thinking with technical precision and common-sense methods.
You will be based in our client’s modern, relaxed open-plan offices in Bedfordshire. Some occasional travel may be required after lockdown winds down as, whilst our client’s core market is the UK and Europe, their extensive client list spans four continents.
* Design creative, technically accurate and safe solutions
* To own a project and become the responsible point of contact within the design team
* Problem solving for manufacture, prototype and on-site installation scenarios
* Exploring new materials and processes
* Staying ahead of all projects and keeping in regular contact with clients and the sales team
* Translating a concept into manufacture-ready products
* Sourcing new suppliers and establishing good working relationships
* Working with external suppliers, manufacturers and fabricators
* Produce accurate technical drawings for manufacture
* Specify materials, finishing and aesthetic finishes based on cost and the client’s requirements
* You have a Masters or Bachelors in Industrial Design, Product Design or equivalent
* You can demonstrate a creative flair with a keen eye for quality and design with great attention to detail
* You are able to think creatively but to design and translate technically using Solidworks CAD software
* You are able to communicate well to a wider team including manufacturers and clients
* You have an interest in materials and manufacturing processes as well as a logical and pragmatic approach to problem solving
* You can comfortably manage your time and workload in a fast-paced design environment
* You have proven experience with Solidworks and Adobe Creative Suite with a minimum of 3 years working experience in a relevant environment
* The ability to manage a concept through to delivery/installation
* Experience of the full design to manufacture process
* Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and materials, including both traditional and digital manufacturing techniques
* An interest in sourcing and investigating new ways of working.
* A practical ability to produce and assemble prototypes in the workshop will be an advantage
* Experience of dealing with clients directly and building good working relationships.
* Experience in sourcing new suppliers (UK and Overseas) and establishing working relationships for production and sample runs
* Ability to manage project delivery from new and established manufacturers for on-time, on-budget arrival
For the right person, our client offers a competitive salary package and the opportunity to fulfil your potential and continue to develop your career within an exciting, creative working environment with a friendly, inclusive and professional team of people
- Address Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire