Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £35000 – £45000/annum Profit share, Pension, Healthcare
Role: Automotive Applications Engineer
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: Circa £40,000 + Profit share, pension and more
STEM Sources client is looking for Applications Engineers to provide class-leading and innovative solutions for their customers. If you join the team you will be involved in the complete life cycle of a product, from conception, specification, user acceptance testing and pre/post-sales support. This role requires strong engineering foundations alongside project management skills, good knowledge of the automotive testing sector and the ability to understand and adapt existing products to meet customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Analyse and identify the current and future needs of automotive customers and propose innovative solutions
* Manage and lead all aspects of the product life cycle, from conception through to release, working to deadlines and adapting plans as necessary
* Negotiate and agree actions and time scales for multiple, concurrent engineering projects with other project team members
* Communicate with the development and test teams and report back to management on product/project status.
* Create and maintain detailed and accurate specifications that allow efficient development and testing of new products and features
* Complete user acceptance testing and provide feedback to the development teams
* Provide expert help and guidance to the first-line customer support team and other areas of the business as needed
* Provide pre-sales advice to customers and distributors, helping with quotations and on-site customer demonstrations and training
* Assist the marketing team with activities such as attending Expos, content creation, application notes, magazine articles etc
* 2+ years of experience in the Automotive sector, preferably within Vehicle testing
* An engineering-based degree or HNC level qualification
* Experience in managing concurrent projects
* Experience in reading and understanding technical documentation such as Regulations, specifications and product data sheets/manuals
* Ability to understand and solve sometimes complex engineering problems
* Able to work closely in a team of cross-discipline engineers
* Experience in a customer-facing role
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written
* A full, clean Driver’s licence
Desired extra skills
* Exposure to GNSS and INS technologies
* Experience in Sales and customer management
Why Join the business?
As a winner of the prestigious Queen's Awards for Enterprise, Innovation and International Trade you will be joining a company that is renowned within the industry, as dynamic and highly successful and known to provide real career opportunities for all their staff.
Since its formation in the early 90’s the company has always realised that its strength lies in the skills and expertise of its people and works hard to give them the opportunities to shine. Operating an open and honest culture, where individuals are trusted to work with the minimum of supervision, has meant that they have been able to continue to grow despite the restrictions of the pandemic
- Address Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire