VFX (CG) Supervisor
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Our London studio is looking for a VFX Supervisor to work with the Heads of 3D to implement and manage the long term technical and strategic development of the 3D Department and lay down the working methods and systems for future 3D Artists.
VFX Supervisors lead designated highly complex projects and are responsible for planning each project’s work-flow, working with the Director and Creatives to define the desired look and feel and then supervise teams of 3D Artists to successfully deliver the project.
The VFX Supervisors are responsible for the research and implementation of new technology and creative ideas. They are also responsible for training and mentoring new artists and developing the careers of the junior artists to ensure the creative output of the whole department is to a standard befitting our worldwide reputation.
It is essential to have experience attending shoots and advising Directors and Producers upon the most effective ways to shoot for high-end VFX.
What you'll do:
* Lead and manage high profile and complex visual effects projects to deliver to creative expectations, deadline and budget.
* Manage and mentor the 3D Artists on complex VFX projects, and co-ordinate their VFX output and ensure high levels of quality control, advise on their technique and provide feedback on work-in-progress.
* Demonstrate strong leadership, mentoring, and proactive problem-solving skills.
* Attend pre-production meetings as required.
* Lead meetings with clients providing detailed knowledge of complex effects creation.
* Attend shoots to advise Directors and Producers upon the most effective ways to shoot for high-end VFX.
* Determine production requirements and advise on best practices, available processes and budgets for all types of VFX projects.
* Work closely with the Heads of 3D and Senior Artists to research, develop and implement new technology and creative ideas.
* Deliver talks and presentations at industry events.
* Actively seek out new talent and help Heads of 3D with recruiting new talent keeping an eye on possible gaps in the 3D structure
- Address London