Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
89% of our colleagues enjoy doing their job each day.
Here at Elior UK we have lots of opportunity for progression and personal development within our business and work with a diverse range of clients.
Elior is a multi-award winning global player in the contract catering sector,
with operations in over 16 countries, over 109,000 employees and 23,500 points of sale. We are one of the largest contract caterers in the industry with our Group headquarters in Paris. Here in the UK we have approximately 15,000 colleagues helping us deliver our promise in achieving excellence in everything that makes up the customer experience across 1,600 sites.
We bring an inspirational new approach to the hospitality and food services at some of the most prestigious sports venues across the UK. Our stadia business opens up exciting opportunities all-year-round from match days, concerts, conference and banqueting facilities as well as sales and marketing. They are a great place to develop a career in catering and events.
The Director will be Responsible for managing a team to deliver innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and Elior UK standards to achieve and maximise set targets. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
As Venue Director for Elior you will be expected to have:
* Overall accountability for operational delivery, quality control and achieving consistent guest and client satisfaction
* Strategic planning and management of the delivery of all business to business commercial income, proactively identifying new, innovative revenue streams, growing the overall bottom line.
* Lead Heads of Departments to ensure proactive management of teams on site. Accountable for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high-quality service to Elior UK, our customer, and clients.
* Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
* Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
* Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customers and colleagues
* Accountable for creating a C&E platform for financial growth through pipeline development and creating profitable, solution focussed bids, by working closely with finance and operations. Responsible for reviewing the current market to identify future opportunities for growth.
* Pro-actively selling external space and secure large volume corporate business
* Accountable for preparing and presenting excellent sales proposals; that are well written, financially viable and present innovative and appropriate market leading solutions.
* Managing third party stakeholders across the site to ensure they uphold the organisations values and deliver expectations.
The experience and knowledge we are looking for from the future Venue Director include:
* Senior operational contract management experience including leading and inspiring large teams to deliver exceptional service and commercial results
* Excellent client and stakeholder management presence and interpersonal skills
* Passion and hunger for leading an exceptional hospitality experience, able to inspire the entire and varied team to deliver the best possible food, service, and standards
* Commercial knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and effective cost control management
* Balances a structured approach, resilience, and problem-solving skills with the ability to flex and adapt as required
* Previous experience of delivering major events/projects to deadline and within cost parameters
* A strong sales background with exceptional interpersonal skills
* Experience of the C&E function within a venue and knowledge of large event sales
* The creation and implementation of a C&E sales strategy to drive large volume events
* A strategic individual with detailed commercial acumen and a real hunger to achieve
* Previous P&L accountability and evidence of commercial acumen; entrepreneurial spirit
* Strong problem-solving skills and not phased by unforeseen challenges
* Ability to work under pressure and make sound decisions in fast-paced environment
- Address Edinburgh