Technical Maintenance Controller
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £31000 – £33000/annum
Questech Automoitve are currently recruiting for a Technical Maintenance controller in the Coventry Area.
The ideal candidate will have technical experience in an automotive background, however experience within a similar role will also be considered.
Job Purpose Summary
The main purpose of this role will be to lead the day to day provision of cost effective maintenance solutions to achieve maximum cost reductions / effectiveness, vehicle availability and quality. To communicate with Supplier to ensure that vehicle downtime for all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance is managed on a best cost/quality basis. To ensure that such incidents are expedited in the fastest manner possible and the vehicle is returned to service without undue delay, in line with legal requirements and agreed KPI’s.
* Delivery of cost and service effective maintenance solutions to satisfy customer needs within maintenance budgets and agreed customer service KPIs.
* Ensure cost effective maintenance solutions are met on every occasion by checking history and warranty. Challenge all work to ensure that all maintenance is carried out to cost and quality standards.
* Monitoring and reporting on customer VOR’s in order to proactively manage and minimise the downtime of customer assets
* To check contracts for vehicles and their specific collection/ delivery and substitute allocation costs and entitlements.
* When a recharge is identified gain all necessary evidence and reports to allow the Coordinators to liaise with customer to obtain order numbers.
* To challenge all costs in line with Supplier Repairing Dealer (RDAs ) agreements.
* Monitoring and controlling VOCs and ensure maintenance spend is kept within set budgets.
* To Lead and assist where necessary, Coordinators within the Service Centre.
* To ensure that when authorising repairs the history on the vehicle is checked thoroughly for any parts warranty / warranty / rework, recharge or policy entitlement that can be claimed.
* Where necessary source new and used parts to assist repairers and elevate down time
Job Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* To identify and resolve any issues with appropriate suppliers in line with Guidelines set out within the RDA.
* Identify issues with suppliers and resolve whilst maintaining and building an effective relationship.
* Liaise with the appropriate Senior Management Personnel where satisfactory resolutions cannot be met.
* Control of maintenance trends such as warranty, policy and component failure.
* To obtain any necessary credits from supplier / manufacture failures that have been identified
* To be able to demonstrate that vehicle downtime is managed in a proactive manner in line with agreed Key Perormance Indicators.
* When rechargeable work is carried out, ensure the relevant costs are accrued and coded as such and the Customer is informed making a note of the full name and full purchase order number whenever possible.
* To outline key areas of cost savings and report margins internally
To carry out staff appraisals and performance monitoring to ensure maximum efficiency.
For More information on this role please call Scott Jackson on (phone number removed)
- Address Coventry, West Midlands (County)