Technical Designer (Joinery)
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
The primary role of Technical Designer is to provide working drawings and additional supplementary information to facilitate the design, manufacture and installation of bespoke joinery and metalwork.
As a Technical Designer, your role will be focused on furniture design and detailed drawings for manufacture. This is a great opportunity with the potential of long term career development. The candidate must be trained and proficient in the use of AutoCAD and is able to produce precise joinery/workshop drawings mid-level design co-ordinator to prepare detailed design drawings for manufacture of bespoke joinery.
* Should have ability to work closely with designers/architecture to produce 2D, technical drawings.
* Have proficient use of AutoCAD 2D.
* Candidate should have over 5+ years within the joinery industry developing technical drawings.
* He can produce cutting lists (for all the component parts of the joinery product).
* He should be able to work accurately and on complex projects whereby the technical drawings can be given to a cabinet making to produce.
* Be able to work at pace and accurately.
Solidworks or Inventor experience is a must!
Practical management experience at various levels
* Communication and influencing skills to be able to communicate effectively with all my clients staff
* Detailed experience in the use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
* Knowledge of metalwork fabrication processes would be preferred
- Address Hertfordshire