Supply Partnerships Manager – Food / Nutrition Ingredients
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Our client has over 30 years expertise and excellence in sourcing food ingredients, pharmaceuticals, road, and industrial additives. They are one of the UK’s leading distribution companies and are on a mission to be the most complete distribution service a customer or supplier could ever use. They are undergoing an exciting transformation, as they execute their strategy, to modernise their business and create new and innovative ways to service their customers and take away their supply chain headaches.
This role will focus on the acquisition of new, and management of existing, partnerships with suppliers. Supporting the Sales Team, you will play a central role in communicating the supplier strategy and product portfolios to the Sales Team and reporting performance of the Sales Team back to into their Principal suppliers.
You will be primarily responsible for securing new partnerships as well as managing existing partnerships, taking the initiative on finding suppliers who complement the company goals and values. You will help to drive brand campaigns, secure marketing support and develop a strong awareness of opportunities other suppliers can offer to the market. You’re a self-starter, you take initiative when it comes to your projects and have a vested interest in the work that you do and the results it generates. You’re happy to dig in and get your hands dirty, have a positive outlook and can-do attitude.
* You will understand the food ingredients market and use this knowledge and experience to lead and perform the sourcing process to deliver the best products to our customers and identify new supply partners.
* Provide insight into new and upcoming markets such as the sports nutrition sector and identify key portfolio gaps and areas for development within the existing product range.
* You will develop, plan, organize and implement contracting and procurement policies and programs to meet our customer and business requirements and enable bi-directional performance management.
* Deliver management information, reporting, insight and analytics on supplier cost and performance.
* Offer guidance and contribution on policy and continuous improvement of the procurement and partner function across the business and into the other sectors such as Pharma.
* Lead the analysis of supplier products/proposals to ensure best value for money decisions are made regarding supplier selection for the provision of goods and services.
* Lead negotiation of commercial and contractual terms with suppliers/partners to ensure that commercial and contractual risk is managed appropriately.
* You will agree annual targets and budgets with Partners and work with Business Development to achieve these, acting as the ''conduit'' of information flow between designated Principals and the Sales Team and facilitate resolution of problems where necessary.
* Inspire and manage key, strategic supplier relationships to ensure that partner performance is constantly reviewed and generates value to our customers. Run regular partner reviews covering performance of both supplier and company sales targets.
* Make recommendations to the Sales Director and Leadership Team for corrective action for underperformance to budget.
* Participate in the preparation of marketing plans and suggestion on how best to heighten the awareness of the company and product offering in the Food Sectors (this includes developing article, website content etc.
* Liaise with relevant Industry Societies and government departments, especially with a view to ensuring company adherence to the highest levels of business ethics and standards.
* Ensure that information on new products from designated Principals are introduced to the customer base promptly, in a targeted, planned fashion by effective use of marketing tools available (e.g. MREs’, editorials & PR).
* Liaise with Quality & Regulatory team to ensure that new products from designated Principals are set up correctly and meet any regulatory requirements.
* Supply account & project updates to colleagues to facilitate preparation of their monthly reports and to collate and send monthly/market reports as required to designated Principals and assist on maintaining sufficient stock levels for relevant Principals.
* The Partner Manager role reports into the Sales Director and is a key role within the Organisation and is the primary contact for all partner/supplier issues.
* You will work closely and pro-actively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
* Actively participate in motivating and building team spirit within the wider company to achieve any targets set and drive a great working environment.
* Train and help motivate the wider team as appropriate in products, their use cases and how they can be positioned.
* Be proficient in preparation and giving of formal presentations to customers, Principals and internal staff using sales tools like PowerPoint as required.
* Represent the company at exhibitions and seminars.
* Prior experience within the food industry in commercial roles (sales or supply chain management)
* Excellent working knowledge of the product approval and sales process at related customers
* Food/Science related HND/Degree
* Effective selling & negotiation skills
* Technical knowledge around the food industry
* Effective problem-solving skills
* Budgetary planning and reporting skills
* Presentation skills
* High levels of numerical and grammatical accuracy
In return our client is offering an attractive salary and benefits package and flexible working arrangements
- Address Cookham, Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead