Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £24000 – £26000/annum
Hereford based but accomodation is available
C£25,000 basic pay
A fantastic opportunity has presented itself to work for a highly successful business within the Fresh Produce sector to be a Spray Operator. This is an extremely important role and a highly rewarding one at that, with an opportunity to progress in time.
The application of agricultural pesticides in a safe and effective manner in line with crop spray schedules in order to control and eradicate plant pests, weeds and diseases such that expected crop yields are not adversely affected. Comply with Government legislation.
* Pesticides Application Mix and apply all pesticides to appropriate concentrations in accordance with Growers recommendations. Ensure all crops receive correct dosage at optimum levels of concentration and effectiveness. Avoid any contamination of adjacent areas.
* Safe Use of Machinery Carry out daily pre-operational checks. Report any faults to the Farm Grower. Keep all keys secure and prevent unauthorised operatives from using machinery. Operate all machinery in a safe working manner in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions. Do not modify any plant or machinery without the permission of the Head of Soft Fruit Growing.
* Working Safely & Personal Protective Equipment Wear and maintain in good condition all required personal protective clothing. Report any chemical spillages that come into contact with skin.
* Adherence to Crop Spray Schedules Adhere to the crop spray schedule as required by Growing team. Report back as to progress against the schedule, in particular in situations where expected schedules cannot be met.
* Maintenance of Machinery Work to a planned maintenance program to ensure the safe and effective working of all crop spray machinery, and that machinery works to optimum efficiency.
* Other Duties General farm and crop maintenance duties as directed by the farm manager/grower.
* Policies & Rules & Procedures Ensure self-compliance to all Company and Statutory Rules, Policies and Procedures.
Key Performance Indicators
* Adherence to Crop Spray Schedule
* Correct concentration and application/coverage on to nominated crops
* Safe Application of Pesticides & Safe & Efficient Use of Machinery & Equipment
* Records are kept up to date; traceability is available any time
Key Skills & Behaviours
* Team Working – able to work effectively with others in order to get the job done. Eager to help and assist other team members without being asked.
* Communication – speaks and gets points across clearly. Easily understood. Maintains regular contact with Grower of designated area, share information with other team members. All problems reported to the Grower of designated area or Head of Soft Fruit Growing.
* Reliability – Able to work diligently and methodically under minimum supervision. Completes tasks to the required standards within appropriate timescales.
* You must have Spray Certificates PA1 and PA6.
* PA3 is preferred but not essential
- Address Nationwide