Software Implementation Engineer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Blue Lucy Automation for Media (BLAM) is a media production and content supply chain management platform used by some of the world’s largest production companies and broadcasters.
We are seeking software implementation engineers to help deploy and configure our platform for new clients as well as provide support for updates and enhancements to our existing customer base.
You will have 1-2 years’ post graduate experience of deploying software into cloud infrastructure and have a broad, multi-disciplined skillset. You take a great interest in what you do, have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude, are highly organised and have an analytical approach to problem solving. You are confident enough to engage with customers at all levels and seek help when you need it.
The platform is predominantly cloud based but we do also have some on-prem and hybrid deployments, so a broad range of technical and troubleshooting skills are necessary. We use and encounter several technologies, an exhaustive list of capabilities is:
* Linux administration
* Container management and orchestration technology – Docker and Kubernetes
* AWS services infrastructure – EC2, RDS, S3 Storage configuration.
* Database technologies: SQL Server and PostgreSQL
* Storage interface technologies – S3, CIFS, SMB.
* Experience of microservices and RESTful API application architecture.
* Security and authentication technology – Oauth, OpenID and SAML
* Networking and infrastructure technology.
* Experience of development operations CI/CD best practice.
* Knowledge or interest in development tools principally .Net Core
* Manual software testing and fault escalation.
* Any experience of professional media technology or systems is a bonus.
You are not expected to have a thorough understanding of all these technologies but a willingness to develop your skills in both a formal and informal manner is important.
The scope of the role is wide-ranging with the opportunity to be involved at all stages of significant projects in an energetic industry going through a period of unprecedented change.
Our teams predominantly work at home (and have since 2016) with regular project meetings held at our office in south west London. There may be a requirement to travel to customer sites, including internationally, from time to time.
We are a flat organisation in which all employees are empowered and accountable. The salary for this role is based on experience and we provide a clear path for development in skills and remuneration
- Address London