Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £35000 – £40000/annum Lots of benefits – BIG COMPANY
A leader in the financial technology market. Who build and deliver software solutions to meet the needs of clients working in asset management, savings & insurance and leasing & credit finance have the exciting new opening of Software Engineer in their team, they offer a complete set of best-of-breed software products, spanning front and back-office. Their asset-management solutions address the specific requirements of mutual and institutional funds, alternative and hedge funds, fund administrators, prime brokers and private wealth companies.
Salary Excellent: 35K to 40K, Pension, Private medical Cover, 25 days holiday, Annual bonus, flexible hours, training and career progression etc…
A global company who has over 1000 employees across 16 offices in France, USA, UK, India, Ireland, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Tunisia and Latvia.
The Oxford team is looking to recruit a bright graduate for the role of Software Engineer to work within a highly talented and energetic team developing and maintaining their brand; its market leading Risk and Position Keeping Middle Office system.
We are seeking people who aspire to work at the very highest standards of software development who have a broad understanding of the principles of software engineering and software design patterns.
Development is primarily in C++ and C# as we migrate our code base to .NET Core Server and React/Redux/Typescript/Electron Web front end technologies.
Candidates must be interested in seeing through the complete life cycle of a project from specification and design to implementation.
Strong interpersonal skills are essential. The ability to work co-operatively within a team is essential as there is a strong emphasis on mutual code review and testing.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer will include:
• Integrating the system to new strategic systems being developed within the organisation
• Development of new software components
• Full lifecycle of development:
o discussion with users
o producing specifications and prototype designs
o writing new software
o unit testing
o integration into end-to-end test suite
o assisting the support team in training users
o handling support and feedback
• Good English and communication skills
• Strong team working skills
• Strong mathematics qualifications and experience
• A proven interest in coding! This can either be post-graduate experience or as part of your degree.
• A natural aptitude for software engineering, business analysis and problem solving
• Knowledge of C++ or C# in a .Net environment but actual coding experience in any language will be considered.
• SQL knowledge and experience
• Specific knowledge of financial risk measurement
• We require a maths literate graduate in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline. 2.1 MENG, Masters level or PhD ideally
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented implementation person to step up to a varied and challenging role where their contribution will be valued and rewarded accordingly. The company offer excellent training and career progression and excellent benefits
- Address OX1, Oxford, Oxfordshire