Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £50000 – £65000/annum £50,000 to £65,000
We are recruiting for an experienced Software Engineer to work for a large engineeirng company located in the York area.
To ensure that the Company's software development process is followed, and the work products are of high quality by:
* Promotion of the Company's software development process and of best practice.
* Planning and execution of internal and external audits of the development process.
* Planning and execution of internal audits of software.
* Planning of, and acting as moderator of, walkthroughs and reviews of software project work products.
* Providing assistance to design engineers in the software project set-up and planning.
* Providing assistance to design engineers in the preparation of software project documentation.
* Monitoring the progress of software projects to ensure that the work products are delivered in the correct sequence.
* Administration of and assistance in the use of the computer aided software-engineering tools.
* Play a proactive role in the departments continuous improvement programme.
* Writing comprehensive test plans.
* Performing thorough software testing.
* Contribute effectively to team working within the Company and with customers.
* Give timely, effective support to the customer's needs so that the customer does not express dissatisfaction.
* Provide technical support relating to the software development process to sales and marketing to assist in the acquisition of new business.
* Ensure full commitment and support for training, succession planning, recruitment, communications, health and safety, environmental considerations, housekeeping and personal discipline.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Education; one of the following is essential:
* Degree in a subject relevant to Electronics or Software Engineering.
* HND/HNC with significant relevant embedded software and electronics experience.
* Knowledge of software development process methods & standards.
* Proficient in the software design of industrial automation in a manufacturing environment.
* Proficient in the use of Rockell and / or Siemmens progamming platforms..
* Ability to use Microsoft Office applications.
* Excellent communication skills.
You will earn a basic salary of between £50,000 and £65,000 / annum (depending on experience), plus outstanding benefits
- Address York, City of York