Snowflake Data Warehouse Developer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £85000 – £95000/annum
Snowflake Data Warehouse Developer Azure, AWS
Do you have Snowflake Development experience?
If you do, we need to talk, an independent consultancy with deep expertise in all things data (think, strategy, integration, migration, governance, quality, and architecture) are looking to hire several Snowflake Developers to be an integral part of their growing team.
You will be working on many large-scale enterprise-wide data transformations over to Snowflake.
The ideal candidates will have experience with Snowflake projects along with being adept at working with large data sets to develop advanced, scalable DW solutions to serve reporting, BI, data science teams and more. (this is a very hands-on technical role with a good mix of client-facing exposure)
* Data architecture and modelling experience (hub and spoke, SCDs, clustering, PDTs, materialized views etc)
* Performance tuning – an understanding of query and table performance and how to resolve nonperforming model/query issues, particularly in Snowflake.
* Data Warehouse Design – an understanding of best practices, common issues and resolutions especially in relation to Azure, AWS and Snowflake products.
* Data Volumes, experience working with Petabyte scale data and creating performant data solutions across huge data sets, especially in Azure, AWS/Snowflake
* Advanced Caching.
* SQL a must.
* Commercial experience with Snowflake Data Warehouse projects (must have some previous Snowflake experience, this is a must-have)
* Ability to present findings in a structured, clear manner with actionable insights.
* AGILE working and sprint planning.
* Experience working with Trello/JIRA to track workloads and tie into sprint plans.
* Experience working in an enterprise organisation and dealing with C level stakeholders.
* Pipelines, ETL/ELT and advanced data ingestion.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills for translating data insights into concise executive summaries and presentations.
* Testing and UAT of workloads and outcomes, demonstrable with their own methodology.
* Security, GDPR and PII data handling principles.
* Solid knowledge of Azure and AWS.
* Experience with one or more of the leading BI tools – Looker, Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Google Data Studio an advantage.
The company is great, supportive, professional, and at the forefront of data governance, the office is relaxed but busy, they employ some of the brightest talent around. The senior leadership team are passionate and well regarded. They are dynamic, with an open culture, no office politics or micromanagement.
For the foreseeable future, this will be a home-based role with initial interviews to be carried out by video conference.
Hit the apply button and discover what’s possible
- Address EC2A, Bishopsgate, Greater London