Simulation & Modelling Engineer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £38000 – £45000/annum Overtime, Bonus & Benefits
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Simulation & Modelling Engineer to join an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / manufacturing business that are in a position of sustained growth.
It is an exciting time to be joining the company, as the business is expanding during a time of economic uncertainty, and the successful Simulation and Modelling Engineer will become a key member of a dynamic team working on a fast-moving and challenging project.
The Simulation and Modelling team is central to the design and development of many highly complex products. Models are developed for many purposes throughout the lifecycle of the product and these are at the core of the System Engineering process.
These simulations may be used to support;
* Initial feasibility and concept proving studies
* Design development and trade-off studies
* Hardware in the Loop, algorithm and software activities
* Trials programmes, including trials predictions, and post-trials analysis for detailed trials evaluation
* Full system reference models used to produce formal performance statements to support the certificate of design and design verification processes
Duties include but are not limited to:
* You will be responsible for development of specific aspects of the performance model used to support a key programme within the business.
* You will also be responsible for integration of components from within the team and from other project areas.
* You will be able to act as a point of contact for Simulation and Modelling interactions with the other project teams.
* You will perform technical analyses and investigations into a full range of issues and problems and prepare and develop solutions either individually or as a member of a project team.
* You will engage with the model users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the model is fit for its intended use.
* You will have the opportunity to influence the design and development of all models developed by Simulation and Modelling, for example through the application of new functionality of the MathWorks Toolset.
* An appropriate good Engineering Degree or Masters’ e.g. Systems or Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics
* A proven track record in the following:
* Simulation & Modelling – preferably on Aerospace projects
* High level programming languages, e.g. FORTRAN, C, Ada
* The MathWorks products – specifically Simulink, Embedded MATLAB and Stateflow
* Ability to produce a computer simulation (Simulink model) from a mathematical specification
* A keen understanding of the modelling process and working within a quality process
* Ideally will have knowledge and experience of Software configuration
You will need to be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment
- Address SG1, Stevenage, Hertfordshire