Service and Installation Site Engineer, UK wide travel
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £25000/annum + Company Van + Benefits
My client are an established, leading provider of software systems and services to NHS, healthcare, and life science organisations. For over 25 years we have continued to deliver outstanding reliability and unrivaled service standards.
As a division of a global software group with ove 100 software companies worldwide, the company can offer financial stability, investment and growth as they continue to prosper.
The Site Engineer will be responsible for the installation, commission and maintenance of the company’s products efficiently and profitably on our customer sites.
Location: Remote based, the role will work UK wide so a mid country base with good links to motorway networks is essential.
The role will involve daily travel and overnight stays 2-3 days a week (not Fridays), so your personal circumstances must fit in with this.
Reporting to the Installation and Service Manager, the Site Engineer will be response for:
* Carrying out installation, commissioning, installation/operational qualification testing, temperature mapping and customer training to procedure 9001QP19 within quoted timescales and budgets
* Carrying out calibration and validation to company procedures
* Carrying out comparison calibration to procedure 9001QN103
* Carrying out routine service, emergency service and product updates as required under warranty or subsequent maintenance agreements
* Diagnosing and fault finding breakdowns. To liaise closely with the Applications Engineer and/or Engineering Manager reporting progress, gathering data, readings and information as requested
* Undertake on-call duties. Be part of the ‘on call’ out of hours rota
* Undertake annual calibration, alarm limit testing, temperature sensor validation and active sensor calibration and/or replacement
* Complete all appropriate site documentation and returning copies to the office in an efficient timely manner. Ensure you use latest issue documentation and software
* Feeding back customer comments (positive or negative), requests, observations and additional functionality requests
* Proactively maintaining sufficient van stocks of installation materials and specific maintenance spares
* Control and safeguard kitted products and equipment issued for installation projects
* Act as project manager on specific projects
* Carry out site surveys and preparing quotations for extensions to existing systems or new systems. Where appropriate, recommend suitable equipment to meet customers’ requirements and estimate material and labour costs
* Complete site asset registers as and when required.
* Positively contribute to ISO 9001and ISO 17025 continuous improvement ethos
* Significant practical experience in a similar field service role, working with low voltage systems
* PC literate (all MS Office suite) and aptitude to pick up new software packages quickly, including Windows
* Possess a valid driving licence. The position includes a company vehicle for travelling to customer sites.
We are seeking a customer focused, flexible, conscientious approach with a willingness to go the extra mile. With strong communication skills, you'll be resourceful and be keen to learn and share knowledge
- Address DE1, Derby, Derbyshire