SEPTEMBER 2021 :: Cover Supervisors – South Somerset SCHOOLS
Job Type : Temporary, Full Time
Salary : £85 – £120/day DOE
ARE YOU A GRADUATE AND AN ASPIRING TEACHER LOOKING TO GAIN MORE EXPERIENCE WITHIN EDUCATION?
OR ARE YOU A FULLY QUALIFIED TEACHER LOOKING AROUND FOR THE RIGHT ROLE, OR FOR NEW CHALLENGE?
FULL PAYE OPTIONS for pay!
Prospero Teaching are working with Schools based in South Somerset who are seeking Cover Supervisors to start immediately subject to vetting. This role is ideal for an NQT looking to gain more experience, or an overseas qualified teacher, who needs experiences in a UK education setting. Even if you're not a qualified teacher, but have but have experience in classroom teaching/training then we want to hear from you.
ABOUT THE COVER SUPERVISORS POSITION:
* Part-time and Full-time options available, your choice!
* Immediate start available
* Excellent pay rate from £85 – 120, depending on experience.
* All work previously set, so minimal marking and planning.
* Secondary education setting, therefore work covers across key stages 3 – 5.(Years 6 – 13)
* Excellent support from head of department and head teacher.
* Support staff in all classes to assist with more challenging pupils.
* Placements often available in preferred subjects if you wish.
THE SUCCESSFUL COVER SUPERVISORS WILL HAVE / BE:
* The passion and enthusiasm to maintain pupil participation.
* Strong classroom management skills while creating a fun learning environment.
* Excellent communication skills with staff, pupils and parents.
* The ability to work effectively across all key stages.
* Supporting the completion of pre-planned lessons across varied subjects in Secondary Education.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
You will ideally:
* Be a qualified teacher (ideally PGCE, GTP, BEd, Cert Ed, BA with QTS or QTLS) but NOT ESSENTIAL
* Have UK teaching experience or be familiar with the UK curriculum.
* Be creative and innovative.
* Have drive and tenacity.
* Encourage students to reach their full potential.
* Excellent classroom management skills
* Positive and creative approach to teaching
• Location – Various locations across Dorset and Somerset
• Position – Cover Supervisor
• Type of work – Cover Supervisor – day to day and long term cover in various schools
• Start date – ASAP subject to vetting
• Duration / Likely Duration – Day to day bookings, with the potential for extension depending on schools
• End date (if applicable) – N/A
• Contract type – Temporary
• Full time/part time – Part time and full time depending on schools needs
• Minimum rate of pay – Minimum rate £85 per day
• Hours – 8:30 am – 4pm (full day), half day (am or pm) or long half days where available (dependant on school timetable)
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Current Ehhanced DBS for Child Workforce (or be willing to apply for one)
• Previous experience working in a UK school
• Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
• Hold Right to Work in the UK
• Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
• Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
• Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
• In-house Training and Development Team
Prospero Teaching, have teaching/support staff positions across Dorset, South Somerset, Hampshire and Wiltshire, as well as across the rest of the UK.
If you are interested in working as a nursery nurse, classroom assistant, primary teacher, secondary teacher, cover supervisor, teaching assistant, SENCO, school support staff, SEN Teacher, or if you are an NQT, contact Prospero Teaching today