Senior Quantity Surveyor – Social Housing & Refurb
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £60000 – £80000/annum
I am working with a leading contractor who is looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on a successful social housing contract, to join their ever-expanding team.
The successful post-holders prime function is to increase value, reduce cost, drive profit and manage risk in a safe and ethical manner of the contract(s) they are working on.
This a fantastic opportunity to join a leading contractor company that offers excellent career growth opportunities with the chance to work up to Managing Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial Manager in the future.
– Line management and integration of new team members where appropriate
– Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
– Provide commercial input including financial and contractual performance forecasts to the management team.
– Help ensure that business targets and KPI’s are exceeded
– Preparation of monthly cost / value reports for area, together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
– Production of commercial reports together with review of results and consideration of trends with other contract team members
– Physical measurement of works and agreement of same with client and subcontractors
– Agreement of certification and payment of subcontractor accounts – monitoring of such accounts against forecasts
– Implementation and compliance with the contract change control procedure and monitoring thereof including notices to client as appropriate
– Commercial and contractual advice to area team as and when required
– Managing sub-contractors including sending out enquiries, collating prices, comparing with tender, negotiation, order placement, agreement of account and payment
– Carry out any other duties not identified above and as required by their manager
– To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement the company policies for risk management.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
– Degree qualified in construction related discipline, or equivalent experience
– Experience within a similar role.
– UK experience as Quantity Surveyor working for a contractor
– Confident IT Skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Great Organiser with proven time management skills
– Previous experience working on social housing & refurb projects
- Address Kent