Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £60000 – £75000/annum + full benefit package
An industry leadingdrylining contractor who have been established for over 25 years and have a turnover in excess of £50m are on the market seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on drylining packages
They are looking a Quantity Surveyor who is capable and innovative and has worked on major schemes with some of their packages being worth in excess of £15m. They work on prestigious projects for leading clients in London and the surrounding counties with the majority of works in Central London.
They are looking for a Quantity Surveyor with drylining experience.
To measure, price and invoice all elements of work to be charged for the package of works contracted.
To manage commercial aspects of specific projects and complete tasks assigned, ensuring agreed profit levels are maintained, negotiating and quantifying with Operatives, and measuring works as specified to price.
Negotiate with clients, preparing detailed valuation and applications for payments with supporting documentation, including marked up drawings, defining and agreeing price variations and maintaining margins.
Responsibilities and accountabilities will include:-
* To effectively communicate and build relationships with key clients, site supervisors, project/contract managers, operatives, surveyors, payroll and other head office staff on all aspects of Quantity Surveying on assigned projects to mitigate risk and maintain agreed margins.
* Plan and organise work effectively, understanding the commercial implications of design change and achieve key application dates and timelines. Reconcile tender to works and identify any additional works.
* Manage information to ensure timely application for payment with main contractor and operative wages.
* Liaise with Site Management and co-produce monthly reporting for specific projects.
* Accurately estimate and evaluate price work of operatives, make decisions on rate of pay, additional rates and price variations, whilst maintaining agreed margins and employee satisfaction through labour retention.
If you are a forward thinking aspirational surveyor looking to take the next steps in your career in the drylining industry and feel this may be the opportunity for you please do not hesitate to apply. Alternatively contact Dylan Hughes on (phone number removed)
- Address Greater London