Senior Project Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £46000 – £100000/annum Canadian Dollars
Our client is a General Contractor in ICI Projects and a leader in the construction industry. They focus on pre-construction; construction, including design build, construction management and general contracting; and facilities management.
SALARY $80 – $140 K + PACKAGE
10 YEARS AS A PM – OUR CLIENT WILL NOT LOOK AT ANY LESS.
MUST BE LOCAL TO ONTARIO AS NEEDS GOOD RELATIONSHIPS WITH LOCAL TRADES, PERMIT AWARDS/WINS
MULTIPLE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
PROJECT VALUES $50 – 140 MILLION SWEET SPOT WOULD $35 MILLION
Position: – Senior Project Manager
Location: – Ontario, Vaughan Ontario.
Our client is recognized as one of Eastern Canada’s leading construction companies. Specializing in the institutional, commercial, industrial (ICI) sectors.
Together, we are actively looking to recruit a Senior Project Manager to join their team in Vaughan Ontario.
We are looking for a highly dynamic Project manager and you must hold a Degree and preferably PMP Certified. Have a minimum of circa 20 years industry experience with A MINIMUM OF 10 years as a Project Manager, offering full project life cycle delivery, a "can do" attitude, proven track record in delivery of multiple projects with multi-million dollar values.
You will need to be experienced in:
• ICI projects, Ideally – High Rise, Mixed Use, Office projects, Commercial, Institutional, Historical & Restoration
• Estimated and managed numerous Design and Build/Civil jobs..
• Experienced in having communicated with job owners and various suppliers locally and internationally on a regular basis
• Also, proven experience in Design, Planning, Budgets, Cost, Contracts, Change and variations would also be advantageous.
ROLE OBJECTIVES/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide overall management, administration and technical direction for projects. Enforce company and project policies, maintain client interface, and ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Develop new business opportunities through a particular client. Perform all functions and responsibilities in consonance with the clients’ values and beliefs.
• Plan a construction project and prepare a construction schedule in conjunction with the Project Team. Prepare updates in accordance with the terms and conditions of the prime contract.
• Co-operate fully with the Project Team in order to get the project completed.
• Process contract drawings and specifications and ensure that the work is built in accordance with these documents.
• Ensure that the contract drawings are the same as the estimate set of drawings.
• Process changes received from the Client and/or Architect including contacting the subcontractor for pricing, checking subcontractor’s quotations to ensure that they are complete and reasonable; and itemizing changes and presenting them to the Architect with confidence that the pricing is in accordance with the changes.
• Meet with Owners and Architects in a professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively both the concerns and best interests of the company.
• Ensure payment in full for the contract price including all accumulative changes and credits, etc.
• Instill a positive working relationship with the Owner and Architect to ensure repeat business.
• Prepare regular, timely and accurate billings for Owners, and ensure timely payment of subcontractor billings in accordance with contractual arrangements.
• Monitor in conjunction with the Project Superintendent, the project’s material and labour costs and ensure accurate quality reporting is being conducted.
• Have the ability to read, interpret, analyze and forecast the project’s cost reports and determine the status of the job in terms of schedule and costing.
• Be aware of unit costs and monitor and compare daily progress on site with that of the project’s estimate in conjunction with the Project Superintendent.
• Present oneself as promotable, innovative, creative, and a self-starter.
• Recognize competent subordinates worthy of promotion and be abreast of position vacancies to ensure staff progression.
• Conduct project meetings, bi-weekly or monthly as needed. Produce minutes from these meetings.
• Co-ordinate, manage and communicate with all subcontractors and effectively deal with problems such as delivery, labor, schedule and payment disputes.
• Maintain a good working knowledge of trade unions, their agreements and stipulations.
• Be alert to new projects coming up and ensure all necessary company management is kept informed of such information.
• Ensure that the project is in a positive cash flow position and prepare Project Manager Reports accurately and timely for submission to the Operations Manager