Senior Product Manager
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
I am looking for an experienced product manager to lead the development of my client’s performance insights offering, leveraging the distinctive combination of spatial, agronomic, and product data. It’s a data-as-a-service product focused on serving up scalable insight into the performance of crops all over the world.
As Senior Product Manager you will define the vision and roadmap, working with current and prospective customers to understand their needs inside out, and identifying the best opportunities to add real value. You will crunch the data, define scope and goals, and collaborate with the software development teams to plan and build best-in-class products.
It is essential that you have outstanding communication skills and a passion for delivering quality products within an agile environment.
In the role you will report into the Head of Product.
* Define the vision, goals, and roadmap for a performance insights product stream
* Understand customer needs and priorities through interviews, user testing, and data analysis
* Collaborate with the development team to create user stories and acceptance criteria, ensuring all involved have a shared understanding of the problem space and the customer requirements
* Develop data so that it is suited for licensing into domains such as banking, insurance, and government
* Own & prioritise the product backlog
* Define and track ROI
* Act as subject matter expert, providing support to areas of the organization including Sales, Marketing, QA, and R&D
* At least 3 years’ experience working as a product manager in software development
* Track record of owning and developing successful digital products
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain business concepts to technical people and vice versa
* An understanding of how to define business value and transform this knowledge into successful product development
* Comfort in working closely with agile development teams, even if not co-located
* Skills in data analysis, using the latest analytics and BI tools, or plain old spreadsheets
* Plus points:
* Experience of managing the development of an API platform, and/or SaaS enterprise applications
* Understanding of data quality, and any experience in data standardisation, modelling, or licensing
* Experience of agile transformation and the promotion of related working practices
* Understanding of business analysis processes and UX design patterns
Any background in the financial sector, or with financial data, would be a big plus
- Address Harwell, Oxfordshire