Senior PHP Developer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £40000 – £50000/annum
We're looking for a brainy, innovative PHP developer to join us in our Solihull office, to help us build and release cool things faster, better and smarter.
You'll be based in the digital delivery team working on exciting websites and web apps for high-profile clients including Asda, Coca-Cola and Natwest.
We're based in Solihull near Birmingham, just off the M42, with good bus, train and cycle links. (And good canal links, too, for that matter.)
We especially value people:-
* with a positive attitude, who can take a pragmatic approach to a complex brief and turn it into something beautifully simple.
* that are passionate about their work and gain genuine enjoyment from seeing projects through from start to finish.
* who aren't intimidated by new technologies.
* that manage their time efficiently.
* who communicate effectively
Responsibilities :-The delivery of high-quality code.
Encourage creativity and efficiency throughout complex digital projects.
Contribute ideas and direction to the development team.
Staying up-to-date with current development trends and showing a willingness to integrate them into the team's workflow.
Peer-reviewing your fellow developers' work.
Communicating clearly and constructively with internal and external clients and stakeholders.
Must-have technical skills.
You'll be an expert in most if not all of these:
* Git and Github and/or Gitlab
* Composer / npm
* OOP design patterns
* Bootstrap / Foundation
* A PHP MVC framework (we use Laravel ourselves)
* An understanding of web security
* Knowledge of software design patterns
* Attention to detail
* Mentoring/Management experience
* Experience of building highly-scalable web applications
* PSR coding standards
* API integration (SOAP, REST etc.)
Nice-to-have skills, Ideally you'll be able to say "yes, that's me" to more than a handful of these:
* Native mobile app development (iOS or Android)
* NativeScript or ReactNative
* At least one of: React / Angular / Backbone / Vue.js
* ElasticSearch / Mongo / other NoSQL databases
Approach :-If you can bring lots of the above to the table, plus enthusiasm, energy, a can-do attitude along with a proven ability to get things done, a desire to contribute and to help steer and shape the projects you work on, we definitely want to talk to you.
In return for your talents, we can offer you:
A positive, informal working environment, casual dress code, with a great team spirit and a "family feel"
The chance to work as part of an award-winning dev team with global clients
Competitive salary, pension and benefits
Generous bonus scheme based on share-of-profit
Childcare voucher scheme
Flexible working hours
Free gym membership
Free smoothies, coffee and tea from our in-office tiki bar
Pool table and darts board
Shower, lockers and changing space for cyclists
- Address B90, Cheswick Green, Solihull