Senior Java Software Engineer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £50000 – £75000/annum
My client is looking for a senior Java software engineer.
You will be a good communicator who is equally passionate about developing good quality re-usable code whilst following agile methodology. You will be part of a project team and may even lead a project, collaborating with other technical team leads, product owners or the commercial team to understand their requirements.
You will find yourself building SaaS products or working on data analytics pipelines using up to date technology.
You will be involved in:
* Leading hands-on development to deliver new business capability
* Developing clean, scalable microservices in an agile environment
* Using Maven with spring boot RESTful services
* Containerising using Docker and Kubernetes
* Promoting code reviews and team development
* Sprint planning and release management
You will have:
* Fluency in Core Java and Java runtime library
* Proven experience in agile team development
* Experience with Git or similar SCM tools
* Knowledge of TDD
* Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines
* Solid understanding of Java fundamentals including concurrency, bytecode, JVM etc
* A desire to be part of a continuously improving environment
This is an opportunity to work in a company that is making a difference to people’s lives, enjoy your engineering, earn a competitive salary and be part of a great working environment.
My client is an equal opportunities employer
- Address Harwell, Oxfordshire