Senior Field Service Engineer
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £35000 – £40000/annum
Don't miss out on an excellent opportunity to join a global, market-leading organisation with multiple sites across the UK and Europe, as a Senior IT Field Services Engineer.
As a Senior Field Services Engineer you will work as part of the Infrastructure Services team, providing 2nd Line IT support for our client.
The Senior Field Services Engineer is responsible for:
* Provide 2nd& 3rd line IT support for various sites across Europe.
* Responsible for the management of communication rooms and Data Centre standards ensuring physical security, audits, installations, cabling, procedures, are delivered in a quality manner.
* Responsible for ensuring the team deliver all tasks, projects, and procedures on time, first time.
* Deputise for the Field Service Manager as required.
* Deliver a client focused approach providing escalation support and technical guidance to the Field Services team in achieving customer satisfaction.
Technical knowledge required:
* Strong knowledge of Windows 7, 10 and Server 2012 and above operating systems.
* Strong PC and Server hardware knowledge for the following hardware platforms – HP/IBM/Dell.
* Strong knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group policies.
* Strong knowledge of desktop virtualization technology and knowledge of enterprise desktops products and methodology.
* Capable of engaging effectively with users, clients, and other IT teams at all levels.
* Data centre and communication rooms management.
* Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff regarding IT issues, progress to resolve.
* An understanding of IT disciplines like, VMWare, Unix, Networking, Telecoms, Enterprise and Database Management.
* Professional knowledge of installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that fall under the team's control.
* Motivational Leadership in coordinating teams to meet the demands of the company.
* ITIL v3 Intermediate Level or equivalent
This is a great opportunity to join a successful team within a global organisation where you can build a long-term career.
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted
- Address Barking and Dagenham, Greater London