Sales Manager – Central Government & Defence
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Responsible for developing and growing the Central Government and National Security & Defence sales branch and delivering the annual Gross Margin target. This is a multi-faceted role with accountability for relationships with our existing trading accounts, the individual development and performance of the sales team, the design and marketing of our propositions and building the reputation of SCC in the Central Government and Defence sector. Focus is required in developing new logo business in this sector through improved customer segmentation and targeted sales and marketing effort.
This is a senior management appointment and requires the ability to build relationships within the SCC business to ensure that the branch is able to respond positively to the opportunities within the vertical. It also requires a deep understanding of the Public Sector market, the use of relevant frameworks, awareness of the competitive landscape and excellent vendor partnering skills. The role holder should also understand and promote the SCC services portfolio and help to develop solutions that allow us to maximise the return on the investments made.
Represent the Central Government and Defence branch reporting into Head of Public sector.
Provide sales coverage across the branch in order to maximise the Gross Margin performance.
Provide accurate and timely reporting into the forecasting and budgeting process.
Ensure adherence to sales governance processes.
Ensure that all deals maximise profit at an acceptable risk to SCC.
Provide input into the opportunity solution process and commercial oversight.
Provide advice and guidance to the individuals in the sales team and develop their capabilities to improve the overall branch performance.
Help identify the addressable market opportunity and take steps to ensure that appropriate segmentation of the customer accounts takes place.
Provide an escalation point for sales and account management enquiries.
Develop senior-level relationships with key accounts
Ensure that appropriate succession plans are in place for key individuals.
Skills, knowledge and experience
* 5-10 years Corporate sales experience
* Driven, enthusiastic, confident and prepared to challenge
* Competent in planning and owning multiple sales campaigns
* Proven experience in winning complex infrastructure and services sales
* Ability to engage up to, and including C-level executives
* Creative thinker
* Resilient and able to take the learning from wins and losses alike
* Strong presentation skills
* Proven ability to effectively manage and maintain long-term customer relationships
* Extensive and proven sales experience and track record gained within the IT industry
* Proven experience of selling IT Managed Services / solutions and/or Enterprise class solutions
* Good business acumen and commercial awareness
* Experience gained working for a recognised IT reseller, IT Services Provider and/or vendor /manufacturer
* Proven record of successful negotiation at senior level
* Persuasive, motivated and tenacious
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.
- Address London