Channel Account Manager – Software Sales
Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Salary : £45000 – £50000/annum + £20K additional OTE + benefits
We’re recruiting for a driven Channel Account Manager to work for a Tech client who boasts the likes of Facebook among their key clients whilst also working with other truly innovative IT companies. They are a growing business working in the Cyber Security sector in the UK and Europe and they have a great reputation for developing and progressing talent within the IT community.
This role is a remote based role but for consideration you will need to be located within a 1 hour commute to Central London.
Our client are expanding their sales and account management team so are looking for the right personality to join them who will have both Channel and Account Management experience coupled with the desire to progress to the next level of their career and beyond. Initiative is crucial for this role and that will identify the right hire. The right candidate will have the opportunity to grow this role and progress it as far as you want to, including European and Worldwide travel.
The Channel Account Manager will be responsible for identifying, developing, and expanding relationships with IT vendors, resellers and end clients. A natural part of the role is the opportunity to develop the clients you work with and it will be your responsibility to find those, work your way into the organisation and cross/up sell to expand the accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Handle the full sales process as you work towards exceeding personal sales targets
– Build and maintain strong vendor/partner relationships
– Recruit new strategic partners to drive sales
– Attend partner visits with the support of line manager or vendor
– Uncover new ways to make existing business more profitable
– Collaborate with both marketing and tech teams as you run your own “mini business”
Skills and Abilities Required:
– The drive and desire to be successful
– Strong organisational skills
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking abilities
– Natural rapport building skills
Educated to degree level with at least 4 years’ experience in an Account Management or sales role (technical or software based sales not a prerequisite) including Channel Management.
* 4 years Account Management experience
* Channel Management experience
* High energy and a natural interest in technology and business
* Excellent level of computer skills incl Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
* Highly articulate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Selfmotivated – track record of high achievement and exceeding goals
The role is to identify, develop & expand relationships with your clients, working with numerous stakeholders to ultimately become an extension of their business. You will be involved in the client onboarding process and would likely frequent the offices of your clients. You may be presenting to a whole team or sitting with individual Managers equipping them with the tools to help their teams.
This role is an excellent career move in to one of the most fast moving and exciting industries in the world.
The role would suit candidates who have worked in any of these roles: –
Channel Account Manager, Channel Sales Manager, Account Executive, Account Manager, Tech Sales Manager, IT Sales Manager, Business Development Manager.
CVs and applications are being given immediate attention for this role. Please apply ASAP for further information and consideration
- Address Reading, Berkshire